“Decent Hotel, Wonderful Staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Decent Hotel, Wonderful Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Decent enough Hotel. There are signs of ageing across the hotel - rusted faucets, dusty covers etc. Some areas, like the Lifts, are getting renovated. The Staff is wonderful and very polite. The saving grace was the excellent sleep quality. Internet speed is decent, although if you dont have it included as part of your room, you will have to shell out USD 22 more. A better option would be to pay and upgrade to the Executive Lounge. You can strike a deal with the manager, pay for the upgrade, and get internet free as part of the upgrade.

Always try to get rooms on the higher floors. These are the executive floors and have better rooms. Try to work your charms on the front office staff and get a room overlooking the Pool :). It is worth every penny paid, specially during summer.

Room Tip: Always pick the rooms on the higher floors. They give you access to the lounge, as well as free drin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice feedback regarding your stay at Hilton Nairobi.

We are delighted to read, that you were satisfied with your overall experience and thank you for the fine compliments you make about the hospitality of our team and service.

With regards of the physical state of the facility, sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation; however, we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. Meanwhile I have shared your comment about dusty covers with our asst. housekeeper to ensure frequent dusting is done, as this is due to the ongoing lift construction.

We do take great pride in offering our guests inspiring services, and we looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
tel aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Horrible service, sink with no hot water, construction on the living floor up to 7 pm, old and uncomfortable room, room service that takes 55 minutes for a pizza, total disgrace!!! stay away for your own well being

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.
Unfortunately we have not been able to fully meet your expectation. We do appreciate your critical yet constructive feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

With kind regards.

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Travellers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed 5 nights in Hilton Nairobi.
I never had such a bad stay in such 150$/nt hotel.
No hot water at the sink, construction at same floor up to 7pm, poor room service, shameless and disrespect stuff

Room Tip: For your own good, avoid this hotel!!!
1 Thank Nad B

With kind regards.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

In the Heart of Nairobi with easy access to any location around, it is situated undoubtedly at the best location. Had prebooked the Standard Rooms through a Agent in India, being Hilton did not think of the need of looking it up on TripAdvisor and boy, was I disappointed. The standard rooms have no standard and are one of the worst I hv seen in any 5 star property.

After a lot of discussions and arguments with the Management me and my friend were upgraded to the Executive Rooms on the higher floors, which were bigger in size and better than the Standard Rooms but no way close to an international 5 star category.

Excellent staff, quick Service and a beautiful pool were the only plus points of this Hotel.

It's time Hilton got their act together and make this look like one of their clan.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment with regards of the physical state of our facility, and I am sorry for we have not been able to meet your expectation; However, I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

I am also delighted to inform you that currently we are replacing the existing beds with serenity beds, which I believe will very much improve the comfort and experience during your future stays.

Thank you for the fine compliments you make about the hospitality of our team and service. We are also happy to see that you enjoyed our pool.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The good about this hotel:
This Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of business district of Nairobi.
Safety is good and in general hotel is priced ok compering the regular price in Nairobi center.
Breakfast was good with large choice and types of food.
Lobby is spacious and the Pub inside the hotel is very good one.
Gym is good and even has classes like Zumba to ones who love it.

The best point is the hotel staff, which are very professional and helpful. As example the requested breakfast on the last day which requested to be served by 4:30 AM with special requirements such as double espresso, was perfectly served at the right time.

The bad about it:
Regular rooms, at least on the first floor are very outdated, rust on the faucet, old carpets, and very basic sleep quality.
Windows are old that cannot be opened.
Prices of food in restaurants and pubs are very high comparing to the prices in town.

in general, when there is a promotional rate like this summer it worth to stay at Hilton Nairobi.

Room Tip: Room on the first floor was very old and in bad condition. understood that on Executive floors 13-1...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HaifaMiu
Amos M, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi and I am very glad that you enjoyed our great hospitality.

We appreciate your compliments about the breakfast, health club, prompt/accurate in-room service and security within the hotel. We are also very happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities and location.

I concur with you that the physical outlook is dated, but I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project. However, open-able windows are not part of this I am afraid.

With regards of quality sleep, I am happy to mention to you that beginning next month, July, we will commence a project to replace the existing beds with serenity beds, and I believe this will surely improve the comfort of your future stay. I am sorry for the discomfort experienced.

As of the food prices, only at independent, small local properties are they indeed a lot less, but at comparable, safe international restaurants one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

Kind regards,

Amos Mworia
Front Office Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Only had a day visit here, with family and friends. My husband said the gym was really well equipped and the personal trainers were knowledgeable and friendly. The swimming pool is lovely with a magnificent view. You forget you're in the middle of a busy capital city. Service was really good, waiters were polite and we had good banter. I will definitely return when I'm next in Nairobi.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jemima89
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 23 June 2014

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience.

We truly appreciate your nice compliments about our team members hospitality and service. We are also happy to note that you really enjoyed our swimming pool and gym facilities. I have had the pleasure to share your kind words with our health club manager. Believe me, it is comment such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Best regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am a long time Hilton Honours member and stay at many Hilton hotels around the world. This is probably the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at. As many other reviewers say, it is old. But it is also cheap. In terms of rooms, the linen and the towels are old and thin. The bathrooms are very old and the showers horrible. All I ask for is a nice bed and good hot shower, and I got neither. To top it off, there was constant jack-hammering my entire two day stay. It was absolutely impossible to get anything done. They also rip you off in terms of Internet fees. The only redeeming quality for the hotel is the food at the Jockey Pub. The staff are okay and security is good, but I am probably going to try the Intercon next trip up to Nairobi as I cannot bear the Hilton.

Room Tip: Go high or go home
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We sincerely appreciate your compliments on our food and security. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation on a number of areas for which I sincerely apologize; I am pleased to advice you that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project. We sincerely apologise for the hammering noise experienced, due to lift construction, for future stays we will allocate to you a quiet room located on the Pool level.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.