“Hilton?? I rechecked the spelling. .”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #30 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a pool level room for an overnight as a stop over on my way to Masai Mara. On arrival I really rechecked the spelling to make sure that it's a real Hilton. Rooms are old and run down. No touch of the Hilton that's known to us. Except for the fact that it is centrally located, there is nothing special about the hotel. If you are looking for a stop over accommodation, it will just serve the purpose.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Referring to your comment, I regret to read about your dissatisfaction and I sincerely hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi, and re-establish your faith in our hotel. I do appreciate your honest feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery to our guests.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had no air conditioning for much of the time and regular power failures and the hotel generator is not powerful to run anything other than the lifts and the lights but it gets really hot fast. I think that for Kenya this is as good as it gets but that is what you should expect in the third world. Nothing was above average but at least it was safe. That is important to consider

Room Tip: Don't go to Nairobi if you are looking for a good hotel room. Get serious it is Africa
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. As our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet your expectations.

Unfortunately, we regret to note that during your stay with us, our property experienced power cuts due to a city wide shortage. Please accept my sincere apology for the discomfort and inconvenience caused to you. As our promise is to ‘make it right’ to all our guests and to ensure customer satisfaction, kindly call me directly as this will to give us an opportunity to rectify the situation.

We appreciate your honest feedback and I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Run down rooms, terrible housekeeping who leave used spoons in the room, rusted bathroom fittings in bathroom, temperature control is terrible, cramped and inconvenient rooms. Except for location nothing is good. Staff is nice, they try their best but can't help as they can't change anything to make you feel better.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Subramani R
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Regretfully the physical state of our facility and fixtures did not meet your expectation, as you indicated in your trip advisor review. My sincerest apologies for this, and I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

Meanwhile, I have shared your comment with our executive housekeeper to address the issue of cleanliness and clearance with her team to ensure proper housekeeping.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your nice compliments about our team members hospitality and service.

Thank you for your constructive feedback as this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Old and tired hotel with poor housekeeping but well secured from outside. Average buffet breakfast at restaurant. I might give them another chance after refurbishment. Service at the Executive lounge is very good but it can be crowded sometimes.

1  Thank Petrisic

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us, it is indeed a great pleasure to serve you.

We have noted your comment that the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation. My sincerest apologies for this, and I am pleased to advice that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

In regards to our housekeeping service, we have ensured to maintain international housekeeping guidelines and Hilton brand standards on cleanliness.I regret to read about your dissatisfaction and our executive housekeeper has put corrective measures in place.

Our esteemed guest, although we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excelent historic Hilton Nairobi offers you the opportunity to experiance central Nairobi within walking distance. Near the busstations ar a lot of nice small local shops/restaurants and in the business distric a lot of good restaurants and other places. Ask around and you will not be bored. We4nsday evenning live music at Tamacha Haricum will suprise you from 20.00.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and happy to see that you liked the central location of our hotel as you enjoyed walking and shopping around the central business district.

Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all our efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Was in Hilton from 2nd June to 7th June 2014. Check in was a bit lousy. Although one of the receptionist was free but acted as if busy with sumthing on PC. Security is very good and i never felt any issues. Room was a bit small considering the price but the view was good. Do ask for High Level Rooms, i was on 12th Floor. Food was delicious. Swimming pool was clean and heated. Rest all staff was superb.

Room Tip: Select high level Rooms for city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are delighted to hear, that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the compliments you make about our security, facilities and our team members hospitality.
We appreciate your honest feedback as this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The highlight for me at this hotel is that they have the best priced gift shops of all hotels. It is located within the Arcade and are independently owned but there are two to choose from. One is Indian owned and you will know which one because you will be greeted with strong incense. If negotiating on the open market is stressful for you, come here for posted pricing that are very reasonable or at the very least, get your bearings on what the baseline price is for negotiating. I was able to purchase several bracelets to give to coworkers for just 80 schillings! The best bargain of the trip.

The food at poolside was just okay. I was very disappointed with my "fresh squeezed" juice that came out of a box. The girl taking orders needs to have some of the food so she can better explain the menu. She had no opinion of any item on the menu as if it was her first time dining outside of her home.

The business center charges 800 schillings for one hour of internet use, 1700 schillings for 24 hours. Printing service is 50 cents USD per page! Although prices were high, service was reliable. They do not sell postcard stamps but the business center staff offered to do it on her own time which was much appreciated. Gave her 30 schillings tip.

The location of the hotel is extremely convenient to all. The hotel staff recommended Ranalo Foods for authentic African food which was also much appreciated.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We are sincerely sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us, please accept my sincere apologies for this. We regret to see that you did not like the juice served to you at the pool restaurant. I have shared your comment with our executive chef i/c of food and beverage for review and retrain the menu knowledge to all team members at the Pool restaurant.

As of internet charges and other service costs at the business centre, we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Nevertheless, we are happy to see that you liked the location of our facility and enjoyed shopping within the arcade.

Dear guest, we do hope to get another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests.