2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$260
FairmontUS$256
TravelocityUS$260
1,406 results
All reviews lord delamere terrace cin cin rooms are spacious visiting nairobi safari security kenya gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2007

We stayed one night at the Norfolk before our Safari started and one night at the end before leaving Kenya. First of all the grounds and common areas are beautiful but they are in the middle of renovations and the main bar and two restaurants were shut down which was disapointing. The first room we stayed in was #2 right off the lobby which was convient. It was a nice large triple room and a nice bathroom. Nothing fancy but very adequate. The room we stayed in at the end was a little further away and was very tight for a triple. They put in a terrible roll-away for my 21 year old daughter. The bathroom was very old and moldy and all of us tall people had a difficult time getting in an out of the bath/shower with it's very low ceiling. I noticed that many rooms look to be renovated which this room really needed. They should not be selling these rooms in the their current condition. We did enjoy the pool and spa area on our last day in Nairobi while we were waiting for our evening flight out. Wonderful spa facilities which they let you use even though you have checked out.

Date of stay: July 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2007

We stayed at the Norfolk prior to departing on a safari and then had a day room prior to an evening return flight.

Our first room was 601 which had a lovely view of the garden and a nice private patio. However we had problem with the lock on the patio door, the shower leaked and when I first started the tub the water had dirt in it. The rest of the room was well maintained and the beds were comfy (although be aware that most of the rooms are 2 twin beds)

For our day room we were in the 700's and frankly the room was better although there was no view. I thoroughly enjoyed my nice hot bath there and the whole bathroom looked like it had been recently remodeled. Also, they did store our luggage while we were on safari and it was in our day room upon our return.

The breakfast buffet was very good and the food at dinner was tasty as well.

As we were with a tour group we didn't have to deal with the hotel staff directly much, but when we did we were very pleased. The hotel does have a business center with internet connections which was handy for checking in for our flights.

All in all a very nice hotel in the Nairobi area.

Date of stay: February 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank pugzmama
Reviewed 18 February 2007

I stayed at the Norfolk before making my way around Kenya and Tanzania. I am from Philadelphia and the Norfolk made me feel as if I was home in Rittenhouse Square. I was by myself and felt very safe at The Norfolk. Would absolutely stay again.

Date of stay: August 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Lorraine1976
Reviewed 31 January 2007

I travel a fair bit round Africa and the Norfolk certainly stands out as one of the better ones. The room was fine (although I had to get an enginner in as the air-conditiioning broke down), the food was average but generally not bad, the gardens were beautiful and the staff were very welcoming.

I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it. On prevoius visits to Nairobi I have only stayed at the intercontinental. The Norfolk is definitely now my preferred option. I never felt too comfortable as a female on my own in the Intercontinental but I felt very much at home in the Norfolk and I really enjoyed using the wireless access to work on the terrace overlooking the well tended gardens and enjoying the sunshine.

During my stay I visited The Serna which looked really nice I would perhaps want to try this one also.

Date of stay: January 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank LadyinOxfordshire
Reviewed 7 January 2007

I loved the thought that Karen Blixen stayed here and, as I understand it, the bar is the one she was refused admission to. So, the first thing I did on arrival was to check out the bar. There are hundreds of photos of well-know people who stayed at the Norfolk through the years. We stayed there two nights, the first on our way to safari and the second on our return. The public areas of the hotel are outstanding and have a very British feel. The staff is gracious, but we had very poor service for an evening meal with our group of 16. The rooms are attractive, clean, and comfortable except the airconditioning was not working when we were there. Some of the rooms are rather challenging to get to as you go through the garden, up and down steps before arriving at your room. So, if you have problems getting around, ask for a room that is easily accessible without lots of stairs. I recommend you don't miss the Norfolk when in Nairobi and if you can't spend the night, at least have a drink at the bar and toast all the lucky people who discovered Africa long ago.

Date of stay: December 2006