“Old World Charm” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Old World Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Old world charm and we felt very safe, you go through security to get in and since it is next to the Israeli embassy it is very safe. The breakfast was buffet and a wide choice. Dinner beside the pool was atreat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel as a jumping off point for travel in Kenya. The rooms are clean and spacious. The location is safe and secure. The grounds are a lovely oasis in the middle of a big (sometimes intimidating) city. Most of all the customer service is superb.

I ended up getting quite sick while traveling in northern Kenya. I returned to Nairobi to see a doctor and was admitted to the hospital. My mother was staying at the hotel and they couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. They even sent me flowers in the hospital! This is a wonderful place and you cannot go wrong with staying here. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had to make sure the Fairview got the same treatment as their amazing sister hotel, Country Lodge, so I'm posting my comments on their page as well (see below). The ONLY reason they got "Very Good" and not "Excellent" is because I didn't stay in their rooms so can't personally attest to the quality. But everything else (dining, event facilities, gift shop, etc.) was simply amazing.

In addition to the comments below about the property, in general, I also want mention that that the Fairview brilliantly handled one special event for 35 people, and a packed lunch for nine during my business meeting/retreat.

Absolutely divine, and a totally serene atmosphere. This property is were you want to come home to after a crazy day.

Complete Review:
This is my first post ever but this is how much I loved this The Country Lodge (soon to be the Town Lodge) and her staff. The facilities are more than just clean and fresh, they are serene. And the entire property (only a courtyard away is their sister hotel, The Fairview, which is equally amazing at a slightly higher price point - but worth it!) has everything (literally) you would ever need while staying in Nairobi for business or pleasure.

I actually came here for work where I held a business six day retreat/meeting and both hotels handled a majority of my needs including a welcome dinner buffet for 35 people at the Fairveiw.

Country Lodge has an amazing breakfast, great (consistent!) wifi, tea/juice every afternoon at 5pm, is totally safe and secure, and a staff that remembers your name and needs. I left on a safari for a few days and they even held my bags for me (available only if you are retuning for at least one night upon returning to the City). And they have the BEST showers with serious hot water!

There are no air conditioners and at first I panicked because I HATE being hot, but my concern was complete overkill. There are ceiling fans in each room which provided more cool air than I've ever needed (but I did stay during the winter - July).

I could go on, but no need. Unless something absolutely crazy happens in the future this is where I (and/or my team) will stay whenever in Nairobi.

Room Tip: I didn't stay at the Fairview (I stayed at their sister hotel, The Country Lodge, in the adjoini...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Totally different in a positive way, really matching with their slogan (tge country hotel in town, if you prefer quite rooms i recommend the new extension, very british old style hotel, varaity of restaurants, very well secured, not far from airport, most of plugs are 3 pin, weather is always nice but if you prefer aircon. 2nd floor rooms are equiped

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Orange County, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Fairview for three nights following our safari in the Masai Mara. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. More importantly, the grounds are beautiful, and there is a nice choice of restaurants if you're too tired to go out. We would definitely choose to stay there again if we are passing through Nairobi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Fairview hotel has safety environment and charming historical building. Stuffs here are helply and active. I will definitely come back stay in this lovely hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ichiehf
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've always liked the Fairview but now it is even better under new management. Wonderful smiles everywhere, great service, comfortable rooms. I found the security systems thorough. Especially nice are the choice of at least three restaurants on-site.

Room Tip: on the main floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business