“Beautiful safe haven in the busy city of Nairobi”
Review of Fairview Hotel

Fairview Hotel
Ranked #3 of 166 Hotels in Nairobi
Sedalia, Missouri
“Beautiful safe haven in the busy city of Nairobi”
Reviewed 4 December 2009

We began our 10 day safari with a two night stay at the Fairview Hotel. The room was clean and sufficient for our needs. The staff was helpful and polite. The hotel grounds were beautiful and the food was very good. It was our first time in Kenya and we immediately felt safe and relaxed at the Fairview. We would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in Nairobi.

1 Thank turpski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York, NY
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Best hotel in Nairobi for a leisure traveler. Intercon is too central and Norfolk is too stuffy. Not a budget or a boutique hotel - those two categories don't apply here.

If you're going to use Internet at all, get the first class rooms as Internet is free with them. WiFi is free for everybody I believe.

1 Thank adamnelson
FairviewNairobi, Owner at Fairview Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2009
Thank you very much for you feedback.
Just to clarify regarding the internet comment: All rooms enjoy free wifi (10MB connection). The “First Class” Rooms also enjoy free use of computers (and internet access) in the First Class Lounge.

Daniel
Director
Fairview Hotel
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I really enjoyed staying here in October - the food was fantastic, the staff very friendly, and the room comfortable. The security was excellent which was comforting after the scary stories I have heard about Nairobi.

Make sure you get a first class room so you can use the Panga Lounge. 3 weeks in Nairobi on my own for work - hanging out in the Panga Lounge made it ok.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank peregrineNC
London, UK
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Believe the hype - this is the best hotel in Nairobi. It really didn't feel like Nairobi - very peaceful which is just what you want when in Nairobi. The staff are very professional, friendly and helpful. I'd definitley stay here again. Breakfast was amazing!

ps - we stayed one night earlier in our trip at the Kenya Comfort Inn which was cheaper but Fairview is definitely worth the extra money if you can afford it!

1 Thank London_GT
Gjøvik
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I spent one night here before going back to Europe. They upgraded me to a better room, but I did not have the impression that the original room would have been any worse, only a little bit smaller.
The hotel held a high standard, the staff was friendly and helpful and the surroundings were great. Breakfast was varied and good, the sushi bar and the garden cafe were of a high standard.
This is not a cheap hotel for my standard, I like to stay "economy class" and actually I pay about the same for hotels back home in Norway, but for a quality hotel in Nairobi the price was not bad, and I am sure this hotel beats or at least equals the more expensive ones.
I hope to be back at this hotel sometime in the future! It gave me a feeling of luxury for an affordable price.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Ottawa/Montreal
Reviewed 25 October 2009

This hotel provided us with a great comfy room, a breakfast buffet with a large selection of foods, a restaurant menu that offers vegetarian options and a nice pool. But the best thing about the Fairview is the very friendly, helpful staff; not only were they there to ensure that our needs were met, but they also helped us learn some Swahili words/sentences and never hesitated to give us advices when needed. The courtyard, the plants and waterfall are also beautiful; we were appreciative to come back to this greenery after breathing all the pollution from the streets of the downtown district.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I relied heavily on Trip Advisor when trying to find a good value hotel in Nairobi for a few days break. It was the rating and reviews on the site that drew me to it in the first place and although there were no discounts, I admired the integrity of keeping their rates low rather than giving heavy discounts here and there and keeping the costs much lower. We went for the First Class rooms which were really nice, modern style and super comfortable. They are almost more like private apartments and after a day we almost felt as though we did live there the atmosphere was so relaxed. The service was perfect - completely helpful but not so overbearing you felt constantly harrassed as you can find in some hotels. I would never normally eat in hotel restaurants either, but here the garden atmosphere drew us in and we were not disappointed - great sushi, pasta etc... In brief, despite thinking it couldn't live up to the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was totally impressed and felt they described this great Oasis perfectly. What really sealed the deal for me was when I filled in the feedback form and made some small comment suggesting slippers were provided....to my great surprise I got a personal email from the hotel manager thanking me for my feedback and promising to note the slipper suggestion! That was just the icing on a very good cake for me.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends