Sarova Stanley
  • Pool
Jamiat Hotel(Nairobi)
Diamond Hotel(Nairobi)
1,228 results
All reviewsthorn treethai restaurantexchange barstock exchangepool deckhistorical hotelold world charmclassic hotelfifth floorhealth clubcentral locationhotel staffsecurity guardlate checkbusiness districtcolonial stylerooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the stanley hotel a month ago and had an encounter with the night manager a lady called Lucy. I wanted advise on how to logon to the wifi and on reaching the lobby she was the first person to see and walked towards her.
She was smelling of alcohol and was even tipsy. This leaves one wondering how a hotel of such stature would leave their property in the hands of such a negligent person. She was of not much help and i left to go back to my room. Sarova is a good property but would only go back if there is change in the management.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We have noted with regret that your experience with one of our night managers did not live up to expectations.

I would be grateful to have an opportunity to personally talk to you in order to better understand the shortfall you perceived and for this purpose I would appreciate if you could share with me your contact details directly to my mail: Paolo.Marro@sarovahotels.com

As the newly appointed General Manager of Sarova Stanley, I also hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again and to amend your perception of our team and services.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority hence please be assured we are taking your feedback with high importance.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed there for one night and I can not begin to describe just how amazing the whole stay was. We had transport from JKIA which worked amazing; we were held in customs for about an hour and we still were able to find the concierge who called the drive for us. When we got there, the staff was very helpful. Helped us through the check-in process, gave us all the details including the log-in for the free wifi. The room we had faced the streets but I think being Kenyan I'm used to the nighttime noise cause we slept amazing. The bathrooms were excellent; only thing I'd suggest is adding fans in the bathroom because it gets really hot in there. We ordered some room service because we checked in a few minutes before 11pm and it was amazing. It was delivered in good time and tasted amazing.

Next morning, had an amazing breakfast. One of the girls at the buffet counters was amazing. I asked if they had any strawberry yogurt for my daughter and she actually searched for it in the back then asked if I would be back the next morning for breakfast so she can make sure they had it!

Overall an amazing stay and we will definitely be coming back there whenever we're in Kenya.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us and for sharing your pictures too. It is an absolute delight reading your review.

We are glad to receive your compliments and will certainly congratulate the team for going the extra mile in exceeding your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sarova Stanley. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Staff was excellent and the room was very nice. The bathroom was fantastic and amenities were first class. Wifi was very easy to connect to, and there is plenty of space at the desk for a large laptop and other business items. The television offered a variety of European, American and African stations so that was also good. I had two experiences which did not impress me: the in-house restaurant is called Thorn Tree, and the dinner meal was terrible! Everything was very overcooked, and one simply doesn't overcook seafood. Even the dessert was terrible and the description of the brownie sundae very misleading. Secondly, the location is in the center of town. I didn't mind that so much until my driver, seemingly proudly, pointed out that Nairobi's most famous "red light" district was just two blocks away! It was a Saturday night so the street noise from the crowd kept me up most of the night; it stopped briefly around 4:00 am only to resume with normal large city noise by 5:00. I would definitely stay at the other Sarova hotel in Nairobi, which is located in a quiet area very near the park. I did go into it, and it seemed to be much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face one of the two streets; the hotel sits on a corner lot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your last stay with us.

We highly appreciate your sharing of the areas we excelled in; the team’s hospitality, in-room amenities and complimentary WiFi.

It is most disheartening to read about your disappointment on the two issues raised. Be assured, that your comments have already been followed up and we will be reviewing each of our processes and procedures with a view to exceeding our guest expectation.

It will be our pleasure to host you not only at Sarova Stanley, but also at our sister hotel – Sarova Panafric, at the Stanley we would however welcome an opportunity to welcome you again to have the opportunity of changing your impression of the above mentioned areas.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I visited the hotel in the past to eat at but not for a stay which I did this time. Great and welcoming service from the minute you arrive. Very helpful staff. I was surprised when two hotel staff knocked at my door with a birthday cake and sang for me. Very nice touch. Rooms are very spacious and well maintained. Breakfast in the cafe on the street level is very sumptuous and offers a variety of food. Restaurant by the pool is ok, but nothing to write home about except for the excellent service. The Thai restaurant is really good. Excellent service all around and highly recommend for your Nairobi stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We were humbled to have hosted you at Sarova Stanley on your birthday and we hope you enjoyed the cake. Thank you for pointing out some among our most outstanding areas and services; our welcome, spacious rooms, breakfast variety and Thai Chi dining experience. We appreciate your recommendation for all who wish to visit Nairobi.

Looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed at the Stanley again for the first time in a year or two and it's still excellent. The feel of the hotel is hard to beat with the wood panelling, pool area on the roof and the breakfast corner on the street under a thorn tree. The rooms are spacious and the service generally is very good. The wifi works well for the most part. Very convenient if you are having meetings in the city centre but traffic is always a challenge if you have to drive during peak times. Still one of Nairobi's best.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to learn that this was your second stay with us while travelling on business.

Our history and heritage spanning over 111 years, is displayed by the fixtures, furniture and décor of the whole hotel. We were happy to have shared this piece of Nairobi’s history with you. We are also pleased to learn that our services were very good, WiFi was strong and stable and our location was convenient for your meetings in the city centre.

Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again.