“Excellent room and service”
Review of Sarova Stanley

Sarova Stanley
Ranked #7 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
La Selva Beach, California
“Excellent room and service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I spent a week at the Sarova Stanley while attending the recent UNEP conference. My room, the food, and service were all excellent and I highly recommend this hotel when in Nairobi. My package included the breakfast which was an incredible buffet with made to order items also. I ate at the Thai restaurant and ordered room service which was top notch. What made the hotel exceptional was the security and service. I felt pampered and protected the entire time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that your room, dining and service experience were above expectation. Your feedback had been shared with the entire team to motivate us to do even better.

Hoping that we shall host you again in the near future during you visit to Nairobi.

Paolo Marro.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The Sarova Stanley is one of the original grand hotels in Nairobi. It celebrates it's colonial style and is oozing with character. The decor of the lobby, bar and the rooms make it feel like you are taking a step back in time to a long gone era when or railroad workers, engineers and big game hunters stayed here.

The facilities may not be up to the standard of many modern luxury hotels what the Sarova Stanley lacks in facilities (don't worry it still has free wifi in rooms) it more that makes up for in style.

The hotel is located right in the middle of the CBD.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

We are humbled to read about your experience while staying with us. Sarova Stanley is somehow the home and custodian of Nairobi history. We are glad to have managed to share our heritage through décor, pictures, wooden fixtures, iron fittings and the team’s hospitality . We believe that, just like the legendary characters who have visited the hotel, you left with warm and pleasant memories.

Looking forward to an opportunity to share more history on your return visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visited Nairobi for the first time in June 2014 (first Africa trip in fact), made advanced bookings at Sarova Stanley for 4 days 3 nights. I reserved a Club Room for myself, reservations done over the phone (credit card details not requested). Requested for early check in since my flight was landing at 6:30am and airport pick up.

The staff sent by the hotel to receive me at the airport was very cheerful and attentive. A nice clean car was sent by the hotel (with refreshments). Greeted by very polite and cheerful staff at the hotel. The room was as per expectations - airy, clean and modern with a classic look!

Hotel staff was actually the brightest part of my stay, i did not notice one frown or creased forehead during my entire stay, be it morning, evening or late night. It shows meticulous grooming by the hotel management - kudos to them for the same. Moreover, the staff is willing to go beyond their regular duties to render a safe and memorable trip for travelers.

The food evoked mixed response. First day's lunch at Thorn Tree cafe was very delicious backed by prompt service. However, the team managed to ruin in-room service on two occasions. Once i ordered a simple pizza, it was a mess. I called up room-service to inform them about it and they were extremely apologetic (unlike other hotels where managers try to justify). I let it pass. Since, the dine-in options at the hotel are excellent , I would not read too much into this, guess the management needs to re-work on improving room service.

Tried a few snacks at The Exchange Bar, very good service and great food!

Security was tight around the hotel with strict checks for all entrants alike. This is a major plus for a city like Nairobi.

Overall, i would give 4.5/5 to Sarova, excellent hotel with one of the best staff ever! I will definitely stay at this hotel when i visit Nairobi again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Stanley.

We are delighted to receive your comments on the services offered. This feedback has been shared with the entire team to congratulate them for exceeding your expectations.

The concern on room service has been noted for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is my first visit to Nairobi and I couldn't have stayed at a better place.

I love the whole look of the place it exudes class without trying too hard.
Super friendly staff all round.
Special mention to the tai restaurant_thoroughly enjoyed the food.
My waitron Nicholas was awesome.

I can't stop raving about the place and would certainly recommend to anyone visiting Nairobi

Thanks!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your commendations. Thank you for the special mention of one of our team members who exceeded your expectation through exemplary service.

We look forward to your return visit to Sarova Stanley.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Thai resturant is a landmark, first floor bar is very attractive old style english bar, rooms are big convenient and clean, security guard in each floor, breakfast varaities is not enough, wifi is the fastest in all hotels i have visited.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your patronage for both Thai Chi restaurant and Exchange Bar during your stay with us. Your comment has been shared with the team as a great source of motivation.

Looking forward to hosting and you again.

Paolo Marro
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in Sarova Stanley for about 8 days while away on a business trip in Nairobi and it was a great experience.

The experience started with a warm welcome by the concierge at the airport. On arrival at the hotel, I was welcomed by name by a Brand Ambassador- Cecilia. Check in was seamless and was ushered into my room by the same brand ambassador.

Internet was very reliable and the food was good too. The room was clean with and the bathroom was pristine.
Generally the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Mid- way into my stay was my birthday. Though belated, the hotel sent cakes to my room. It felt so good to be thought of and given a treat so far away from home.

I must commend Cecilia for her professionalism and help during my period of stay at the hotel. I left Sarova Stanley with good memories.

I will heartily recommend Sarova Stanley to anyone who will not mind staying in the city centre. For me the experience would have been better had the hotel been located in a more quiet neighborhood.

Room Tip: Please stay away from the rooms that face the street, they could be noisy.