This hotel does not deserve to be called a 4*-hotel.
The location in the CBD is fine, but:
- Front desk staff is not professional: a simple check-in issue required 5 hours to get solved after long discussions and claims (lack of responsiveness from careless staff).
- The rooms were not ready at 4pm ... although hotel was almost empty.
- Hotel charges 250 Shillings per hour if you sit down and do not order a drink on 1st floor (first time we see this after visiting the 5 continents!).
- Rooms are not well cleaned; we found dirty carpet, dirty bathroom floor, dirty walls.
- Rooms windows are not sound-proof: if you are in a room above Uhuru Highway (facing Central Park), noisy traffic Day & Night will prevent you from sleeping well if not sleeping at all.
- Windows locking system is not working properly and furthermore dangerous: young kids may fall in the street.
- TV is old and not working properly (shutting down 15mn without any reason, colours are close to black and white).
- Hot water takes 3 minutes to flow.
- Dining experience was bad: we had to insist to get the unfriendly waitress clean the table before serving, food came 45mn after being ordered (even if only a few clients were dining).
- Breakfast experience was even worse: it took more than 20mn to get tea and coffee served though repeated reminders to the staff (4 waiters for only 20 customers and yet unable to deliver a fair service!) and plates/cutlery never removed unless insisting on it.
After 40mn requesting bacon to be refilled ... it never came!
LAICO Regency Hotel doesn't deserve any *star at all according to international standards.
After experiencing the wonderful hotels and lodges in Kenya national parks and reserves, what a shame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Nairobi and to the LAICO Regency Hotel, offering quality hotel accommodation as well as inspiring conference facilities in Nairobi, Kenya. LAICO Regency is considered among the best Nairobi leisure and business hotels.Perfectly suited for today's traveller, LAICO Regency offers quality service, to ensure guests' comfort at all times within a warm and welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your LAICO Regency Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regency Hotel Nairobi
- Grand Regency Hotel Nairobi
- Regency Hotel Laico