“Adequate”

Ranked #14 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
London
“Adequate”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just arrived from this hotel from attending the GRI. Africa summit . I didn't explore the whole hotel but my views are on the areas I utilised .

Room

Rooms are cosy and very well laid out , the bed is however the hardest I have slept on in my travels , didn't enjoy the sleep quality.

Conference areas

I believe the hotel have some of the best conferencing facilities in town . Location was good , and food and staff were excellent .

Restaurant

Breakfast is very good with a lot of variety . Staff are excellent and always ready to help

Overall a good hotel , good value and will stay again if on transit

1 Thank london61
Dear London 61,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Eka Hotel as this helps us improve our services.

Warmest Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Perfect as a transit hotel. Close to the airport, no traffic issues. It's on the industrial stretch of the airport road so don't expect any East African charm here. The rooms are small but well laid out and clean. The pool and outside areas work, the breakfast is good and the buffets are decent. Make sure you book your taxi with the concierge 15-20 minutes before you want to leave - they tend to not have any on site. Service in general is ok - friendly but not that efficient. The Wifi is dreadful unfortunately - very slow. (Really good water pressure in the shower which is unusual in Africa.)

1 Thank T-Africa2000
Dear T-Africa2000,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Eka Hotel. We are happy you had a good stay despite the internet mishaps.

We have shared your comments with our team and measures have been taken to correct it.

Thank you and we look forward to your next stay.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I spent a total of three weeks at the hotel and feel I got to know the real pros and cons of this hotel

Basically I was very impressed – the staff are all very friendly, accommodating and gave me not reason to be concerned about the troubles at the time of my stay (May 2014)

The food is excellent with a good range of different meals, accommodation great, but the real stars are the staff who took personal care of every detail !!
The only slightly bug bear was the

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LuxTraveller123
Dear TimR_10,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Eka Hotel. We are happy you had a good stay and have shared your compliments with our team.

Thank you and we look forward to being of service to you in your next business trip.

Clinton, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the EKA twice heading to/from safari. It was an easy trip to both Jomo Kenyatta and Wilson Airports and avoids the congestion of downtown. Ate at both restaurants, both were excellent in terms of food and service. Enjoyed drinks in the bar and convenient shopping in the gift shop as we were just too tired to go elsewhere. Appreciated the spaciousness of the rooms and the rainfall showers. Had to leave quite early for our return flight and were happy that breakfast was available at 5 am. Rooms were very clean and had universal plugs. Every staff member was extremely nice. Wish we had brought swimsuits, the pool is gorgeous.

Room Tip: We had adjoining rooms making it convenient for our family.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shannonadcock
Dear Shannonadcock,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Eka Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will share your kind comments with our team. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit!

Warmest Regards.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Before flying out to Masai Mara, my husband and I booked at EKA Hotel as we needed to stay a night in Nairobi; this hotel is located perfectly between the two airports. The hotel is modern, clean and the staff are really friendly. The breakfast was really good and the hotel has a SPUR; which was great. Rooms are clean and bed was comfortable.

The only thing is that there is nothing around the hotel; so I wouldn't recommend someone to stay here for your whole duration in Nairobi, but if you are only staying a night in Nairobi this is the hotel for you :).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chelsea P
Dear Chelsea P,

We are delighted that you gave us an opportunity to host you.

Thank you for sharing your experience online. We appreciate the compliments. We look forward to being of service again.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here over a day instead of sitting at the airport between flight. The hotel is luxurious, safe and comfortable. I am not familiar with the pricings in Nairobi, but I expect it to be at the upper end. The location is maybe a bit far from the airport. For me next transit I will bring my swimming trunks to enjoy the pool...

Dear Daniel,

We are delighted that you gave us an opportunity to host you.

Thank you for sharing your experience online. We appreciate the compliments and look forward to being of service again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am from Australia and I stayed at this Hotel for 4 Nights last November 2013 from the outside the Hotel looks good the Customer Service looks to be impressive smiling at everyone who passes by, but be careful and watch out about your credit card details, I paid by cash and also using my Debit mastercard , to find later on that they continued ripping off my Debit cards 5 months later , thousands of dollars were taken out by these Eko or ego Hotel after a long dispute Commonwealth Bank helped me to get back some money but the interest left with me was huge , so please be aware , my Name is Bisimua Toa and can be reached at toamudwanga@gmail.com

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bisimua M
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Eka hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and we will always endeavor to improve in order to satisfy your needs and expectations. Your comments have been shared with our tram who will be in touch with you.

Thanking you for your support and we look forward to hosting you again.

Warm regards