“Nice people, good food”

PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites
Ranked #67 of 167 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Pleasant stay, nice and quiet. A little bit out of the way of other hotels. Great people working in the restaurant. Pool place is okay and nice for kids. Loved the food and drinks and personal attention.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Isabelle P
Lantana2014, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Isabelle,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Lantana Suites. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Lantana Suites and I am glad to read that you found our hotel nice and friendly. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My stay at the Lantana Suites was very comfortable and I was very impressed with the Heated swimming pool and the Health club facility.The breakfast was great and the variety was quite big.The rooms were spacious and the staff were amazingly friendly which made me feel at home.Was there for 2 weeks and I must commend the management for a job well done since he last time i was on the same hotel it was very bare.The WIFI was the best i have experienced for a very long time in many hotels I have been to.Keep it up guys!!will definately come back and would recommend people to use the facility.

Room Tip: "Rooms overlooking the swimming pool have a great view"
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lantana2014, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Gregory,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Lantana Suites. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Lantana Suites and I am glad to read that you found our hotel nice and friendly and you indeed got value for money. I’m also excited to note that you enjoyed our health club facility. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had an enjoyable stay in PrideInn Hotel Lantana for over a week during a work trip. The hotel has everything you need: friendly and helpful staff, good selection of breakfast, gym and pool facilities, good location. I also enjoyed the size of my suite, this included a living room and kitchen, balcony and bedroom and of course a bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Lantana2014, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Maralin,

We thank you for your review about our hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and felt the the Prideinn Touch.We remain looking forward to hosting you during your next visit to Kenya.

Thanks & Regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am writing this review while staying at the hotel. On the plus side, the rooms are big (one bedroom apartments) and relatively clean.

BUT the food is horrible: it takes for ever to arrive, and some of it is not fresh (I had fried shrimp last night, and once cut, they smelled rotten). Also, except beer and cooking wine, there is no alcohol (and it cannot even be charged to the room).

Room Tip: Note that there is no lift in the hotel and not wheelchair accessible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Lantana2014, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking your time to review our services at Prideinn Lantana.As the Manager in charge,I would really like to apologize for this incidence during your stay.It is indeed very helpful to us since we take our time to look into our service standard and I would like to assure you that it was not anywhere close to our brand standards totally unacceptable.We are really sorry about it.

Our Food and Beverage team is indeed well informed about this incidence,we are together as a team going to look into what exactly transpired and I would like to promise that I have personally taken Action and this will not happen again.

We hope you can trust our sincerity, and we thank you again for sharing this feedback with us as it has prompted us to be more diligent than ever.

We hope this initial experience will not deter you from staying with us again.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Kind Regards,
General Manager,
Prideinn Lantana Suites,
East Church Road,
Nairobi.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed in a two bed room suite over December Holiday with my family and i was really happy with the service. The food was excellent especially the buffet in the morning; there was wide variety to choose from. The menu is also extensive for dinner and they have complimentary room service which always worked best for me (Thanks Ruth).
Our suite was very spacious with a good view of the sunset and i always felt at home for the three weeks i was there.
I left just before the Gym and the swimming pool were open and these will just make it perfect for your stay.
My gratitude to the entire team especially the General Manager Morris, for making our Holiday a memorable one. Every time we were coming from the day tour and shopping from the city the staff always smiled at us and we felt like a family to them. We had planned to visit other hotels but we felt secure here and at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower side for a better view. If you are staying over a month, as for the mo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
PRIDEINN_12, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Thank you so much for an excellent review, we are honored. Lawrence Kinyua

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at Pride Inn because the organization I was consulting for booked it. I have never stayed in Nairobi and will never stay again. I was taken a back by the reviews before arriving and was hoping the construction was complete. Unfortunately it was not even after 5PM on a Saturday evening and before 8 AM on Sunday morning construction was on-going. I constantly had no power. It took over an hour to have appetizers made on my arrival and over 2.5 hours from drinks order come the team constantly saying they it would be 10 minutes. I had to walk back to reception to get my passport though reception had promised to bring it to me. After a few days I checked out. My organization was supposed to pay for my hotel but they didn't so I provided by credit card details. I was charged and received confirmation from my credit card company of the authorization only to hear from Pride Inn a week later they had not received my payment and requesting that I do a bank transfer. I told them it was strange and we tried the transaction again and it went through. Now I've been charged twice and despite the hotel promising to reimburse me still nothing. And I was even charged for the last night that I didn't stay. I do not recommend this place for any business traveller if you plan on being productive for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We do appreciate you and your candid feedback. Today all the concerns you raised 2 years ago have been addressed and we take this chance to apologize for all inconvenience that we caused you. Lawrence Kinyua

Reviewed 22 October 2013

i can say all that i want to say for PrideInn Lantana Suites, but words cannot describe how excellent this property is for a business traveller. Its like see it to believe it. They have excellent staff and espesially the general manager Morris who was very accomodating. you would always see him around asking all guests if there was anything that he could do to make the stay better and once or twice i asked him for a couple of things, they were done immediately. the staffs are very motivated and always smiling. the wifi and breakfast are superb. the only disadvantage whilst on my stay there was that they were finishing their construction so it did become noisy sometimes but by the time i was checking out they were complete. i will be going back kenya in january again and i look forward to staying there

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are honored and grateful. Lawrence Kinyua