The Boma Nairobi
  • Breakfast included
US$113
US$94
Travelocity
All reviewsred crossclose to the airportdomestic airporten routewilson airportrooms are largeexcellent hotelworld classlong flightbreakfast buffeteast africamain restaurantmodern hotelbusiness hotelshort staynational parkmasai mara
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Sorry, could not find anything wrong in this hotel !! Simply the best in Nairobi for me !! Have stayed in the Boma several times now and everything was perfect all times. Pick up service on time, rooms super and clean, restaurant great food, reception fantastic, spa, gym and swimmingpool great staff and special thank to George Karanja ( allways there to assist you ) !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Okke P
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Hi Okke,
We are delighted that our team has consistently met your expectations. George is grateful for your compliments and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I travel a lot and this is a first. I left my camera in the room on Wednesday 5th June. Imagine my surprise when I got home to find a photograph, not taken by me, of the hotel room with the door wide open, a bucket clearly in view and a broom against the hotel door. Whether the intention was to steal the camera and someone else entered the room or what, I'll never know. However, fortunately, the camera was left where it was. I did wonder why everything on the desk appeared to have been rummaged through. How do I know it wasn't me - well the photo has all the file details and I was out of the hotel at a meeting at the time. Quite shocking for a hotel that prides itself in terms of its relationship with the Red Cross. Be warned!

Room Tip: Look for a room away from the adjacent building site.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Good day RTW999,

Thank you for your feedback.

We hang our heads in shame at the photographic endeavors of one of our staff. The cardinal rule in our business is respect for our guests' privacy and we failed miserably this time round. The security of your belongings is assured as our electronic key cards and CCTV systems enables us to track movement in and out of guest rooms. The staff concerned has owned up and regrets playing around with your camera. He has been counseled and we are sure that he and his colleagues are unlikely to test any of their other "skills" on guests' properties.

RTW999, we hope this isolated incident has not irreparably changed your perception of our hotel and we hope to host you again on your next visit to Nairobi.

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights , it is close to the airport , very nice for it price , good food and good rooms . Good andnice breakfast . It is in a mutual ownership with red cross hotel which is less good . Perfect hotel for business people .

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Avi Z

Hi Zoran999,
Thank you for your custom and comments. We know you have many choices in Nairobi and we glad you elected to stay with us.

About our ownership, the Kenya Red Cross Society invested in the business for sustainability of their humanitarian activities. We therefore hope that you will continue supporting us in our effort to raise funds for good causes.

Thank you once again and hopore to see youi soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Had the most fabulous stay at The Boma. Excellent airport pickup at 2.30pm. Easy check-in. Friendly staff. Rooms - roomy and clean. Good variety of restaurants and food. Just a lovely stay made even more pleasant by the courteous, ever helpful staff - who not only smile but have a good sense of humour. Just wish they had the same attitude here in Nigeria.
Location between Nairobi Central and airport which was brilliant as you avoided the city traffic. No noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Krikken
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Hi Krikken,
Thank you for sharing your views about our hotel. We are encouraged by your compliments and we hope you will find the same consistency on your return visit to our property.
Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Is a very nice place. The fact that is managed by Kenyan Red Cross gives a nice karma to be there. Very nice rooms and places. Restaurants are very nice and the food is ok. The pool is little, but ok. Nice gym. I don't like to have to pay a forfeit when check out time passed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Aggrey B, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Jambo Luis,
Thank you for giving The Boma an opportunity to host and serve you.

I have noted your feelings on our pricing and late checkout charges. I would like to assure you that our team is empowered to tailor make packages to suit your needs. We obviously did not offer you an acceptable solution this time round and I will take up with the team. Please feel free to contact me directly should you sense any hesitation to accommodate such requests in future.
Thank you once again for your custom and see you soon.