“brand new very good hotel”
Review of The Boma Nairobi

The Boma Nairobi
Ranked #6 of 166 Hotels in Nairobi
Tel Aviv, Israel
“brand new very good hotel”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

we spend four nights in Boma hotel and found it as the best hotel in Nairobi:
I choose the Boma hotel as a second choice,because of its close location to the airport, but found most modern, clean ,comfortable hotel in Nairobi.
In my last business trips i stayed in top top hotels like Inter continental, New Serena, Hilton, Stanley ans my favorite Fair view non of them can beat The Boma.
We booked three rooms and enjoy the services: free wifi, large business meeting area, cafiteria, two restaurants, health club and spa.
The Boma is my first choice for my next trip to Nairobi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank avi052

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed a total of three nights at the Boma Nairobi back in August before I started a volunteer medical mission. I booked this hotel based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. Because I would be traveling alone and completely unfamiliar with Kenya, it was of utmost importance to me that the hotel staff could pick me up from the airport. Patrick was waiting for me when I arrived close to midnight. I had been traveling for more than 36 hours and felt like death by the time I got to the hotel, but was treated like absolute royalty by every staff member I encountered when I walked in looking like a zombie. The hotel was beautiful, my room was huge, clean and modern, and I felt perfectly safe. My only regret is that I slept until 6pm the next day and missed out on the amazing breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. Otherwise, it was perfect. A million thanks to the fabulous staff that made my stay in Nairobi wonderful!

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Lovely hotel, very organised and clean. Service was impeccable. Good facilities including gym and pool, 2 bars and 2 separate restaurants. Rooms were spacious and everything was very comfortable. Location didn't seem to central to anything but at least is out of the main congestion for traffic and close to the Airport. Would stay here again if back in Nairobi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Only here for one night between flights, but everything was super. We chose since it was much closer to Int'l Airport and still near some sights. Price was more than fare for the quality. There is an airport shuttle for only US$15, pick you up just outside baggage with your name addressed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Nice spacious rooms, good facilities including a medium-sized rooftop pool. The food in the restaurant was really delicious, and breakfast was good too. Staff very friendly

Not much to do nearby but a quiet area with nice gardens and fountains around, and convenient for both airports. An excellent respite from the chaotic Nairobi traffic!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here on my way to the Masai Mara in late May purely based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor and because they are owned and operated by the Red Cross. It's a nice new hotel in a sketchy neighborhood, but then it seemed that everywhere was sketchy.

Was picked up at the airport by the very friendly driver and that was very convenient and appreciated for my first time in Nairobi. It would have been a bit intimidating to have to take a taxi.

I was a bit shocked by having to be searched and have my purse and backpack searched in order to enter the hotel to check in, especially when I had been picked up by the hotel driver and delivered through the hotel security gate in the hotel car. That was my first ever experience of something like that but I guess it's for my own safety.

There were definite communication and service issues with the staff but I ended up speaking with the General Manager about it and they are really trying. I can't fault them for their efforts. They are dealing with training staff for an environment that is not typical of the area and they are focusing on training new skills and jobs which is admirable.

The rooms are really nice and contemporary and very spacious. Don't expect glamorous views out the windows here. You're not in the bush yet or in a shiny city.

The breakfast buffet was extensive and sufficient. There was a great variety to accommodate all the various visiting cultures.

I will stay here again when stopping over in Nairobi but I wouldn't want to stay more than one night at a time as you really need to just stay at the hotel once you're there given the location and neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Randburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My first stay at the Boma! Very nice experience. The Hotel is well located, relatively close to the Airport, out of the chaotic city traffic. The rooms are spacious, workable fast internet on free WiFi. The personnel is super efficient, friendly and professional. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All is fine