“A hidden gem in Sankara”
Review of Muhibbah

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Muhibbah
Ranked #428 of 657 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Have visited Muhibbah several times (have to admit sometimes twice in the same week). If you like pan-asian, Thai inspired food, it's the place for you. Really tasty authentic dishes and a well priced wine list. Would recommend drinks after at the bar across the hallway. Service is superb! Not cheap, but worth every shilling.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I didn't really give the choice of this restaurant much thought as I stumbled upon it in the hotel I was staying in. However, I was glad I did. The food was fantastic of a high quality and affordable but fairly predictable. The service was impeccable and the staff friendly.

It's worth nipping up to the roof bar afterwards for after dinner drinks.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Sankara should have rally done better given how incredibly pricey the menu is. The restaurant is a bit pretentious given you have to make a reservation otherwise they refuse to serve you. When we got there there were so many empty tables!

The restaurant feels like a fast food place and the decor and ambience is really lacking. The food was tasteless. We had ordered two separate and different thai curries. There was no differentiating tastes or aromas between them with the exception of the dominant taste of palm sugar.

A very disappointing experience and one to avoid!

3  Thank ashah_008
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just had dinner at Muihbbah.

We were looking for some place that did South Eastern cuisine and M fit the bill.

We made a reservation, just in case. Fortunate for us as the place was quite full shortly after we got in there, though nearly all others were walk ins.

The staff are very pleasant and friendly. You are given a menu on which you mark what you want. Interesting for an up market place like M, but I guess they are trying to keep the street food touch.

We wanted something off the menu and the chef came across to discuss and agree on the main course. That was very good too.

The food itself was more Malaysian than anything else, but tasted rather nice.

One of our table mates had a satay which she just loved.

We didn't do the desserts as there was nothing inspiring there.

Overall this is a great restaurant and I have just 2 negatives.

1. It is very expensive for what you get. I have had bigger better meals in as good restaurants in Nairobi for far less.

2. The tables are too close to each other. You can hear pretty much everything the table next to you is conversing. And we had a table of Americans 3 tables away and that was really bad!

Not sure I'll be back in a hurry.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Dined at Muhibbah last week and it was amazing. I expect the rating to increase rapidly as it gains momentum with the Sankara hotel itself.

I agree with the comment regarding "ticking your own menu" - for a high-end place not really what I expected (in fact you would expect the waiter to remember every order, tweaks and all, without having to write anything down).

The only other thing was that the waiter looked a bit puzzled when we asked for the red wine to be chilled slightly (they mean room temprature in Europe dear...).

Nevertheless, my Thai chicken curry was perfect, it truly was like I was sitting with my feet in the sands of Koh Phi Phi Don. Fantastic.