“WOW!!”

Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Ranked #2 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 19 May 2014

What a fantastic hotel. The staff could not have been friendlier and helpful. They greeted you by name every time you walked by. We had great meals in the buffet restaurant and the Italian restaurant. This will definitely be my first choice when returning to Nairobi. The only thing that can improve is the wifi speed. My previous trip to Nairobi, I stayed at the Fairmont and the wireless speed was super fast, which was not the case at the Kempinski.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear BenDC,
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am glad to read that your stay at the hotel was fantastic. I will pass on your compliments to the entire team. I am sure the Executive Chef and his team will have some delicious delights for you to try out when you return to stay with us.
Unfortunately during the time that you stayed with us, we had a problem with our Internet service provider which effected the quality of the internet, on normal occasions internet speed at the hotel is great.
In case we can support with future reservations, please do get in touch.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a wonderful 3 night stay as part of our honeymoon. It was a relaxing oasis after an intense safari.

The city of Nairobi is not the easiest to see freely and the hotel made our stay in Nairobi otherwise pleasant. The staff were helpful and our requests were met with great efficiency and excellent personal touches.

The only recommendation we would make is for a single double bed rather than the 2 single beds that were in our room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MJLondon1,
Thank you for your taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski.
It’s nice to read that you had a superb stay at the hotel during your honeymoon and you found the hotel to be a relaxing oasis.
I will pass on your compliments to the entire team regarding personalized service and efficiency, we do want for our guests to have the most memorable and enjoyable stay at the hotel, and to want to return to stay with us whenever they are visiting Nairobi.
Apologies in regard to the bed option that was available in the room during your stay.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future. In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

was an excelent hotel the staffs are wonderfull always smiling,though the hotel lacks enough space for parking especially when the have conference , not very good when an high profile figure walks in the tend to forget you and concentrate on him , but all in all the decor ie perfect ambience cool is a perfect place to conference keep it up .

Room Tip: Not used there rooms yet but got an oppourtunity to see them ,perfect though
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear Otsyula A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am pleased to read that you had an excellent stay at the hotel and were pleased with service.
We have parking available for 200 cars on our onsite parking facility and in the event that we feel the spaces will fill up, we are able to arrange for parking at a facility adjacent to the hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the conference atmosphere at the hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to host you at the hotel once again in the near future.
In case I can be of any support with any inquiries that you have for the hotel, please do let me know.
Best Regards
Manish

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Top marks on every level. Room, cleanliness, decor, food, security, bed quality but above all - spectacular service!
One can see that this is a very well run hotel, where people are proud and happy to work at. It's been a pleasure being a guest,
As a seasoned traveller (Platinum on SPG, Diamond Hilton) I stay constantly in 5-star hotels all around the world. The Villa Rosa Kempinsky definitely has been one of the best experiences I've ever had. Couldn't fault it even if I wanted to. If I am forced to find a fault, I would say that the proximity to the road could make it slightly noisy but as the hotel is excellent in every level it completely overtakes this minor inconvenience.
The staff, from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out were simply excellent, efficient, helpful, and truly friendly!
I don't remember writing such a review for a very long time. If you are in Nairobi, this would be definitely the hotel to stay.
Special mention to the new guy assistant manager at F&B (called George perhaps?) seeing him on the floor is a true inspiration. Ensures all tables looking great, service at its best, leads the team by example and all done so elegantly and professionally. Very well done.
Check-in desk, best smiles I've seen, very helpful, made an effort to accommodate my special requests. Sarah and Esther - helpful and charming, thank you! Benson who drove me to my meeting, available and timely and last but not least he lovely lady who came to deliver afternoon treats and saw I liked the delicious home-made chocolate, told the chef I liked it, who then rang me to find which ones were my favourites and sent me complimentary packs!

Thank you all for making this visit so special. Looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as the proximity to the road might make it slightly noisy.
1  Thank MichaelandBeth
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear MichaelandBeth,
Thank you very much for writing a comprehensive review on your recent stay at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi – extremely delighted to read that it was a fantastic, flawless experience and really hoping that this will be reason for you to return to stay with us.
Thank you for the note regarding the check in and check out experience and food and beverage service. I will definitely pass on your encouraging words to the team. Our Executive Chef and his team will also be informed that you were happy with the goodies to go.
Wishing you well for the rest of the year and see you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a most wonderful stay at the kempinski on a business trip. The hotel staff were very efficient and attentive on check in, the amenities are excellent and the room was very impressive. The little chocolates, sweets and fruit platters every evening was a really nice touch. In room dining was fast and good quality... The mushroom soup starter was wonderful. Although not all the restaurants are operational, the Italian restaurant had great selections and quality. Top marks on everything and looking forward to my next trip to Nairobi and the Kempinski!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and very comfortable

Dear Jay G,
Thank you for writing a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
Delighted to note that you had a wonderful business stay at the hotel, I will definitely pass on your compliments to the entire ream.
Happy to hear that the surprises from the kitchen in the evening were liked, I am also very pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and beverage options and the hotel, including in room dining, LUCCA our Italian Restaurant and Deli.
We are really looking forward to hosting you at the hotel once again, and in case we can support with future reservations please do get in touch.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on layover back to London.

Staff were extremely friendly right from arrival with a complimentary drink until leaving arranging the taxi to the airport.

Room was small but high ceilings helped alleviate the impact and the decor was excellent.

The spa was large and relaxing and the swimming pool small but big enough.

A lovely relaxing stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jereemee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi and for selecting the hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent stay.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us for more than one night next time. Look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Villa Rosa is an amazing luxury hotels with the service, amenities and prices you can expect from a luxury hotel anywhere in the world.
I stayed at the hotel for three nights on business and I truly loved it. Staff is friendly and helpful both at reception and in restaurants and at the bar.
Nice decor, beautiful and spacious rooms with great amenities, good internet connection, helpful concierge. Breakfast is excellent and varied and I can also recommend buffet dinner with a huge choice of Western/European, Indian and local cuisine. I did not try the Chinese or Italian restaurants.
They have a very nice swimming pool and a nice bar with a lovely balcony.
Hotel is in nice area not too far from the city centre and the main business district and the only inconvenience is that you must use a car / taxi to go anywhere as hotel is a on a busy main road with lots of traffic and no pavements.
This is also why my room was a bit too noisy for my personal liking - traffic in Nairobi is horrendous even though I was on a high floor I could hear loads of it.
You should also try to avoid hotel official taxi service - cars are new and nice but prices are at least three times more expensive than any 'normal' taxi in the city.
I look forward to going back in September.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back and try to avoid hotel recommended taxis
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear ViaggiaBene,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
It’s great to note that you enjoyed your 3 night’s business trip at the hotel and were happy with your room, the fast internet connectivity, the service from the concierge, the food at Café Villa Rosa during breakfast and dinner and Balcony Bar.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused in regard to the traffic, we are currently working on increasing the double glaze strength of the rooms facing the main road, and we really do hope that the next time you stay with us there will be no disturbance.
We are really looking forward to having you stay with us in September. In case we can support with future reservations, please do let us know.