“Another trip…another heart winning performance from Villa Rosa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi

Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Ranked #2 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Another trip…another heart winning performance from Villa Rosa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is my 3rd stay this year at the hotel and every time its wining my heart. Right from the time of booking over e-mail till departure, the quality and service standard of the hotel is clearly visible

Booking: I had booked over e-mail and requested an upgrade to a room with a Balcony. When I reached, I was instantly upgraded to a Superior room with a Balcony – double upgrade  Check in was smooth and easy. All the staff were very helpful.

Room: 3 times, 3 different room but all excel in their own ways. Rooms are really large and the Superior room with a Balcony was HUGE… the Bathroom was twice the size of my current bathroom in London Toiletries were top class and plenty of clean towels. The choice of channels on TV is also great. Hotel excels in providing personalised service of guests as was visible in the room service promptness as well as the fact that they make the room twice – Europe hotels should learn something from Kenya ;) Everything we needed was either there or just a small phone call away.

Eating: The Italian restaurant is a delight – every dish is spectacular. Mouth-watering dishes served by the Italian chef were great. The Lobby Bar was brilliant in its own right – nothing works best that watching WC 2014 with drinks. A special mention to the waiters in the Lobby bar – sorry mate I don’t recollect your name but you were great. When I come next, I would have a drink with you. Finally, the breakfast – the less said the better – it can only be felt once you are there. Such a large spread and fresh counter for hot items + champagne 

Everything was perfect in the hotel, including the sauna + steam bath + pool.. I am trying to think of some faults but can’t come up with  Villa Rosa doesn’t give you a chance to complaint

Room Tip: If you dont like the road noise, ask for a room opposite to the main road.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeet_junior
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Jeet_junior
Thank you for taking the time to write such comprehensive feedback on your stay at the hotel.
I am very happy to note that it is your 3rd stay at the hotel, and the property is growing on you even more after each visit. We really do look forward to your next stay with us and assure you of another memorable stay.
I have noted your feedback regarding seamless check in and check out, and will share these compliments with the Front Office Manager and his team.
Thank you sharing the notes on your accommodation and dining experience too, and I am really delighted that you enjoyed these. This feedback will also be shared with the respective teams. We believe it is our people that make a visit to Villa Rosa Kempinski so special, and your favorable comments confirm that.

See you soon.
Manish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

What a hotel, where do I start... The rooms are great, the spa/pool area is amazing, the attached restaurants are fantastic... This really is a luxury gem of a hotel in the middle of Nairobi. What's more is that the staff here know how to take care of their guests. For example, my girlfriends birthday happened to fall on one of the days of our stay and they organised breakfast in bed, flowers and two birthday cakes throughout the day. Seriously impressed. Do consider this place for your next business or personal visit.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Anthony R
Dear aruschpler,
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski. We appreciate the time you have taken to write your feedback.
My team and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and had the opportunity to celebrate a special occasion with us.
We are at our happiest when we can turn great moments into memories forever.
We do hope that you will return soon to stay with us.
In case I can support with future reservations, please do let me know.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went there for dinner and my family enjoyed not only the meals but the service as well. We will certainly return. The meals were also surprisingly inexpensive.

I prefer Indian cuisine but the Italian menu at LUCCA restaurant was great.

I won't give the hotel 5 star because we didn't spend the night. Let me save it for that stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Kanyada,
Thank you so much for your review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
I am delighted to read that you were impressed with the dining experience at LUCCA. I will pass on your compliments to the Chef de Cuisine and his team at the restaurant.
We do hope that you will return soon to sample our other outlets, including Café Villa Rosa, the all day dining Restaurant. We will keep you posted on when we officially launch 88 – Pan Asian Restaurant and Tambourin which will offer Mezze.
We do look forward to hearing back from you with your accommodation dates.
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had dinnet with my colleagues. The place looks great, enough packing space. Has good luxury touches. The service mmmhhhh had to waith for 30 min to get a glass, maybe it was a busy evening. But again a staff member escorted me to the lift. A good place for a cool evening.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Reubenkimani,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
My colleagues and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere at the hotel.
Apologies in regard to the delay it took in receiving a glass, we will definitely look into this and assure you of much quicker service the next time you visit.
I am looking forward to having you back with us in the near future.

DXB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Kempinski is a good place to stay when visiting Nairobi for business (this of course is depending on where one has to be). The hotel is rather new, clean, comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Some reviewers wrote the rooms were rather small. I personally feel the rooms are absolutely all right. The hotel has a very good gym (free weights, machines and dedicated room with cardio machines). The restaurants are all right; nothing to complain. Breakfast buffet offers a wide variety and is excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dora_Boots_Swiper
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Dora_Boots_Swiper
My team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed the Kempinski experience in Nairobi, and were happy with the room, gym and the restaurants.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Kempinski is a relatively new development just off teh Mombasa road, having said that its a quiet location with no issue from road noise- I had a room facing the road and it was fine.
Hotel is light and open in feel but with good luxury touches in reception, on check in staff were very diligent and friendly.
My room was a good size with a very comfy large bed, bathroom very good with a shower stall and bath, well equipped with toiletries and spotlessly clean. The only thing teh room needs in my opinion is coffee/tea making facilities, when I mentioned this on departure I was impressed that the staff advised that whilst I could order fresh coffee/tea at any time they would ensure on my next visit that there were facilities in my room.
Breakfast was as you would expect very good with everything you would expect of a good hotel, again attentive staff. I also ate in the Italian restaurant, the experience inst fantastic a little lacking in atmosphere, however the food (I ordered steak medallions in Parmesan) was very good indeed, really tasty and extremely tender.
Main bar is a nice place to meet for business and pleasure, very well priced wines.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Martynjw,
I am glad to read that your sense of arrival was grand and you were happy with the room. Apologies in regard to the tea / coffee making facilities, all our rooms will have this amenity by end of quarter three this year. We have however noted your requirement for tea / coffee in the room and should you stay with us next before the end of quarter three this year, we will ensure that fresh Kenyan coffee / tea is delivered to your room.
Thank you for the feedback in regard to your dining experiences.
In case I can support with future reservations for the hotel, please do get in touch.
nairobi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Visited the spa with a friend and was so impressed with the service, visited again giving my mum a birthday treat.
Booked the latter appointment with the help of Hausa, who was very friendly and answered each of my queries politely. The facilities at the spa are fantastic. From the jacuzzi, steam room to the sauna which one gets to enjoy with a spa date at Kempinski. They have a warm swimming pool which has an infinity-like feel as it overlooks the busy Chiromo road below........lovely.
There is a cafe/pool bar facility but was not operational at the time of my visits.
The staff are very professional and not overbearing in their presence around the spa. Prior to treatment a lovely lady Natalie gave a short consultation and led my mum to the treatment room. She went all out. The treatment as my mum said was lovely and I totally believe it, as the one I had a week earlier was tops.
They have a lovely relaxation area with lounge sleepers/beds and dim lights (can brighten them-one's preference)
The ladies room is very well set up with warm brown beige hues in the ambience and very clean. Each locker provides a fluffy bath sheet, robe, slippers, shower cap and there are many other amenities like lotions and even a dental kit!!! Pool area is also very clean and clean pool towels are provided.
Their fitness area is well equipped too though didn't have the pleasure of using the facility.
They use the Balcony bar menu i believe, for bites and the chicken wings were spiced to perfection. My friend also seemed to enjoy his spare ribs.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone.
Arrived at the Cafe Villa Rosa and was welcomed by a lovely hostess, Faith who showed us to our table and introduced us to the breakfast buffet.
Wide variety from a salad area, fantastic pastries and cereals, fresh juice-yup, had to check on that, and yes the orange juice was from freshly squeezed oranges.
They had meatballs, and they were very yummy. Sehrishi was at the egg and pancake station and boy can she whip a pancake. Had the best I've ever had for breakfast. I'd go back just for those pancakes. Kudos.
Waitstaff were great too, big thanks to Leah.
Considering the service we received and the buffet spread, I'd say it was worth every cent.
I'll also recommend this to anyone who cares to listen.
Good work.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank wanderlustciru
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear wanderlustciru,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comprehensive review on Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi, with emphasis on Kempinski The Spa and Café Villa Rosa.
The Spa team and I are delighted to hear that you have been to the Spa on more than one occasion, and we hope to have you return for another treatment of your choice soon. Do keep posted on our monthly offers by referring to the Villa Rosa Kempinski Website – Spa Offers Section.
Glad to also read that you enjoyed Breakfast at Café Villa Rosa. Look forward to having you back for pancakes once again.
I will definitely pass on your gratitude to the team. We love it when our guests are happy.
Look forward to seeing you soon.