“Great Thai food, great location”
Review of Emerald Garden

Emerald Garden
Ranked #186 of 553 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great Thai food, great location”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The restaurant offers great and authentic Thai food - you can even have it Thai-style spicy if you opt for. However, not recommended if you plan to use your taste buds for anything else within the next 24 hours. Even the mild curries have enough chilly to make the westerner sweat....Quality and choice of the food is excellent, as is the service and the half open architecture within a lovey courtyard. Fully recommended.

• Visited August 2014

Hampton, UK
“Two disappointing visits in a row.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We've been to the Emerald Garden on a number of occasions in a couple and as part of larger groups. Each time we have enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. Two weeks ago we went on a Monday night and we were one of two tables to be looked after. This meant the waiting staff were extremely attentive and at times too much so. Being lazy we ordered the mixed starter for two which was delicious. I am a slower eater than my other half (but not so slow in case he gets greedy) and before I had finished our main courses came out. For my main I ordered the Duck Red Curry. Unfortunately I am a creature of habit and love this dish in the UK. Some might say don't order duck in Kenya as not many people eat it but as I'd enjoyed the food previously I went for it. Sadly the meat was incredibly fatty and however it was prepared for cooking there was bone and gristle. I ate what I could but was really disappointed. The duty manager cleared the table and asked if there was a problem and he was keen to pass the comments onto the kitchen.

Last Wednesday we went again as a group and this time my other half was let down. He ordered a Yellow Chicken Curry which he found had gristle in the dish. A different duty manager went to speak to the kitchen and was told it must be aubergine. The point was made that we knew the difference between both and it wasn't a vegetable of any description. Having said that the rest of the group including me enjoyed our food.

Two poor experiences in a row means we'll be staying away for now.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hampt0n
Nairobi, Kenya
“Finally some good Thai Food in Nairobi”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Second time here and again very good quality food! Nice ambience inside and outside! Pretty authentic Thai food with huge variety. Service team needs a little training but super friendly with a big smile ... almost like in Thailand!

• Visited July 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Enjoy the Emerald Garden”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a great place to unwind and enjoy an easy dinner. We've been here several times. Almost completely open air, we always start in the lounge with a cocktail to relax and peruse the menu. We order and when it is ready, or we finish our cocktail, we have a table waiting. Although it usually just us, we always seem to see a large family group enjoying themselves. The service is professional and the food does not disappoint.

• Visited May 2014
“Proper thai food certainly the best thai restaurant in nairobi ”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived and were quickly addressed to, menu was of wide variety to suite everyone, we didnt have to wait long for the food too. I would recommend the boneless chicken with mango sauce..