“Unique experience”

US$89.00*
Giraffe Center and Elephant Orphanage Tour from Nairobi
US$90.00*
and up
Out of Africa Experience: Giraffe Centre and Karen Blixen Museum Tour from...
Ranked #2 of 127 things to do in Nairobi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: It is a place that seeks to secure our environment. Our main work is to carry out environment conserving initiatives. The care for giraffes that are endangered is one of the conservation activities that we do.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We visited the centre with our 2 children and we loved the experience, we were able to feed and touch the Giraffes.The centre is very informative and is there to raise awareness for the endangered Rothschild's giraffe.
It is a must visit if you have young children, have a few hours to spare and a nice break from the traffic jammed streets of Nairobi.

There are newer reviews for Giraffe Centre

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is not your typical zoo like place. The giraffes have plenty of space. They come up to greet visitors when they feel like eating. Visitors can feed them with vegetable pellets available for this purpose. You can even get a kiss if you hold the pellet between your lips. Try it it's a really cool experience

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I visited this center expecting to see at east a few dozens of giraffes but to my disappointment I could see only 5 ( just five) of them. 2 were near the stage and we could feed them the food that they gave us. I saw 3 more giraffes at a distance in the premises. They charged KSH 1000 as entrance fee and i felt it was a rip off.
I expected to see orphaned giraffes, injured giraffes being taken care of but I did not see any activity of that nature.

1  Thank ranjithdesilva
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I've had a great time in this center, where I was able to pet the special Rothschild giraffes and feed them. It was a really interesting visit. This is worth a visit whether you are adults, teenagers or even going with small children.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a lovely facility and great experience. The educational portion is well done and interesting. I would go early in the morning to avoid the crowds.