“Fresh food at its best”
Review of Tin Roof Cafe

Tin Roof Cafe
Ranked #24 of 589 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quiet, quirky day-time cafe perfect for light, healthy lunches with great salads and fresh, exotic smoothies, juices and excellent coffee hand-roasted in Nairobi.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Set in a quaint part of the compound surrounded by trees and a smallish garden. No question that the Tin Roof Cafe serves splendid home cooked food/snacks. Each time we go there, we have enjoyed every dish that we ordered, The salads are fresh and free from flies and the juices are also freshly made. This restaurant has true quality.

8  Thank smatlock10

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went to the tin roof for breakfast this morning. I have to admit that Tin Roof is a very quaint lil spot. Mature trees and flowers are all over, noise from the busy road is not even an issue. As we were the first people there, seating space was in abundance....

We ordered a latte and a cappuccino which were great. Our only complaint was with the food, what we thought were lemon pancakes turned out to be crepes served on a side plate, with an old lemon wedge. We also had the ham and cheese omelette which was just that - with no garnish what so ever. The portions were very small for the price paid.

All in all, we would go back for the ambiance and coffee...

3  Thank 303Malaika
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

When visiting the brilliant neighbor - House of Treasures they recommended Souk with Tin Roof Cafe. Good recommendation! Chicken breast and a wonderful sallad bufe. Car noise is far away. Here is peace and flowers. Next time I will come here for breakfast

5  Thank Hans L
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Really loved this place once I had finally made the discovery. Retro feel, very quaint, chintz, that kind of thing, and small and intimate. Definitely the kind of place that is long overdue in Nairobi. I had chicken mayo sandwich - which admittedly wasn't that great, but this is intended more as advice than criticism - the chicken was bitty and gristly (as if from the drumstick, not breast), and the mayo (white and rather nasty) slathered on. I'd really prefer a sandwich with a proper chicken breast, and go a bit easier on the mayo (or make it from scratch)... But the carrot cake was superb, and the juices fantastic, and i have a feeling my sandwich experience was a one off. But I will definitely be back as there were plenty of other offerings on the menu that looked very enticing indeed..

5  Thank BlueMink29
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had the pleasure of eating here on my last day in Kenya and was surpassed at how delicious it was. The cafe is tucked away in a relaxing environment, albeit right off a busy road in Karen, and is someplace I would've enjoyed bringing my computer and working for the day. I had a chicken pesto sandwich which was good, but my friend had the mushroom quiche which was out of this world! And the salad offerings are incredible. So many different items to choose from and all of them were delicious. The carrot cake I had for dessert was also fantastic and very moist.
I also got to meet the owners and the chef and they were lovely. Very hospitable and great to be around.
The only negative things I would have to say (I had to really dig deep to find these) were that the cafe is quite small and there isn't a lot of space to sit, and they don't take credit cards. Other than that the place is fantastic. Try to go there if you have the opportunity.

6  Thank Jon S