Palacina Residence & Suites
Agoda.com
US$300
US$244
Trip.com
All reviewsmoonflower restaurantlarge suiteresident tortoisesjacuzzi bathbeautiful boutique hotelmassage roomlong term stayliving roomfull kitchencouple nightsstate houseoutdoor poolan oasislong flightmy home away from homelike coming homespent one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on business and wished I had stayed longer. It's really lovely - great atmosphere, lovely decor, clearly someone has spent a lot of time getting it just right. Nice breakfast. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear SilverMarvel,
This is a quick note to thank you very much for taking time to post your review.
My team and I work towards ensuring our guests have the best possible accommodation experience in Nairobi.
When I showed them your post the smiles said it all...
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am now in my 4th week of staying in Palacina. The staff is friendly, and knows my name. The setting is super peaceful, with nice seating in the garden, on the deck, and around the hotel.

The food is excellent both, and there is a lovely breakfast buffet every day.

I started out in the single long term residence, this was a bit small, I was able to give up my kitchen and move to the suites. These are amazingly nice, and if you don't NEED a kitchen, I would recommend them much higher. The suite is huge, their is a wonderful deck over looking the grounds, and the bathroom/closet both beat mine at home.

I think this place would be perfect for a romantic weekend, for a short stay, or for business. If your looking to be in the heart of it all, this may not be the place for you, but if you are looking for a good launching pad in a safe, beautiful hotel... you probably can't do better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Mike,
Its Labor Day in Nairobi and my team and I are very happy to read your very detailed and balanced review.
Thank you very much and hopefully on your return we will have Hookah service for your relaxation.
Best wishes and Happy labor day!

Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Wonderful place to stay in Kenya. Very quite during the evening, clean, spacious and great service. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were brilliant and the opportunity to sit outside on the balcony was lovely. There was construction going on which did mean that I didn't get a sleep in and keeping the curtains open on the side was not possible because workers could see straight into my room. Compared to my other Nairobi accommodation the Palacina was definitely the better place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear SaminMilan,

Thank you very much for choosing Palacina and for your generous review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and that Palacina is your preferred choice in Nairobi.
I also thank you for your very kind understanding as we create a slightly larger and much better Palacina and i assure you the most relaxing stay in Nairobi as soon as we are done.

Best wishes
Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina Nairobi

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We only stayed a few hours as we needed a room I between stopover flights, however even with such a short amount of time and having arrived in the early hours of the morning, the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and most welcoming! The room was wonderfully prepared for our arrival and the manager that welcomed us upon arrival made sure we were comfortable and made to feel at home. I'll definitely stay there again when passing through Nairobi, hopefully for longer than a day next time. Well worth a visit and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We ended up visiting the Palacina three times in two weeks in-between arrival in Kenya and a safari and then a beach based holiday. The staff were so friendly and polite, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms (and we experienced three of them) were very comfortable. I do like a complimentary coffee and tea and the homemade complimentary hazelnut and chocolate cookies were just delicious. We ate four meals in the restaurant and they were all very tasty and well presented. The garden was very relaxing to sit in during the day and seeing two of the three resident tortoises appear from the foliage was an unexpected treat. I would recommend the Palacina especially if you are flying from Wilson airport to the Masai Mara as it is the right side of town. Traffic in Nairobi at rush hour made London look good! Special thanks to Bildad on reception for making our arrivals at peculiar hours so welcoming.

Room Tip: Penthouse at the top was so spacious, great for a family of four.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jane,
Greetings from a sunny Palacina morning and thank you for these lovely comments.
It was indeed a pleasure to host you on 03 separate occasions and we look forward to seeing you again... (anniversary trip hint..)
Thank you also; for your comment regarding Bildad I will definitely offer him a thank you incentive.
Best regards from Palacina,