We stayed at the Palacina for 1 night whilst in transit between our Kenyian Safari and a beach stay in Tanzania. We were met off our safarilink by the smart Palacina driver who was very friendly and attentive and keen to tell us about the city on our way to the hotel. We had been apprehensive to stay in Nairobi but the hotel is in an excellent area- the presidents residence is just round the corner and lots of the embassies are in the area. The hotel is also very secure in a walled area patrolled by security so we felt very safe. On arrival we were overwhelmed with the beauty of the hotel and the luxury fixtures and furnishings in the reception area alone! We were met and shown to our suite by Joyce. As well as being on honeymoon it was also my husbands 30th birthday. I was worried how I could make this special while we were in transit but the hotel took all that worry away. An upgrade to the penthouse suite, petals scattered in our room a complimentary bottle of bubbly - it made it so special and took my breath away. I cannot thank the team enough for this wonderful gesture. The rooms are also beautifully decorated. We were so comfortable in our beautiful penthouse that we ordered room service from Mayflower (2 steaks!) for dinner and the food was delicious. We did get down to the Mayflower to enjoy breakfast in the morning and even had time for a quick session in the gym- which is small but had everything we wanted and the latest machines (they did mention they are going to be renovating the fitness area to make it more like a spa facility with treatment rooms etc). I would highly recommend Palacina and would love to return. The staff were friendly attentive and made our stay truly remarkable and memorable. This is a fantastic boutique hotel that excels at the personal touch. Thank you so much!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For weary travelers who have seen many a hotel room, Palacina is a breath of fresh air. Offering all the luxuries of a five star hotel, with special personalized service, a relaxed atmosphere and great attention to detail. As a family owned and run hotel the core emphasis is on making guests feel at home during their stay in Nairobi in an atmosphere of understated elegance and warm hospitality...Welcome to Nairobi's most relaxing address! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Jovago.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Palacina Residence & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacina Residence Hotel Nairobi
- Palacina Residence And Suites