“Wonderful special stay”

Palacina Residence & Suites
Ranked #15 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the Palacina for 1 night whilst in transit between our Kenyian Safari and a beach stay in Tanzania. We were met off our safarilink by the smart Palacina driver who was very friendly and attentive and keen to tell us about the city on our way to the hotel. We had been apprehensive to stay in Nairobi but the hotel is in an excellent area- the presidents residence is just round the corner and lots of the embassies are in the area. The hotel is also very secure in a walled area patrolled by security so we felt very safe. On arrival we were overwhelmed with the beauty of the hotel and the luxury fixtures and furnishings in the reception area alone! We were met and shown to our suite by Joyce. As well as being on honeymoon it was also my husbands 30th birthday. I was worried how I could make this special while we were in transit but the hotel took all that worry away. An upgrade to the penthouse suite, petals scattered in our room a complimentary bottle of bubbly - it made it so special and took my breath away. I cannot thank the team enough for this wonderful gesture. The rooms are also beautifully decorated. We were so comfortable in our beautiful penthouse that we ordered room service from Mayflower (2 steaks!) for dinner and the food was delicious. We did get down to the Mayflower to enjoy breakfast in the morning and even had time for a quick session in the gym- which is small but had everything we wanted and the latest machines (they did mention they are going to be renovating the fitness area to make it more like a spa facility with treatment rooms etc). I would highly recommend Palacina and would love to return. The staff were friendly attentive and made our stay truly remarkable and memorable. This is a fantastic boutique hotel that excels at the personal touch. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Autumn1082,
Greetings from a rather wintry & grey Nairobi morning.
My team and i were beyond delighted to read your detailed comments and we were all very pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us.
We have offered Joyce something as a gesture of our gratitude and we will continue to improve.
Thanks again and hopefully we will see you in Nairobi in the future.
Best regards

Tony Sawe | General Manager | Palacina-Nairobi

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here for only a few hours whilst in transit to England. From the moment you walk in you are made to feel special. The rooms are large and tastefully decorated, the food in the Moonflower restaurant superb. This is definitely the place I would stay if visiting Nairobi again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Sandra,

Short but restful; we were delighted to host you.

Hopefully we will see you again for an extended visit.

Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Palacina is a great choice in Nairobi. At first, my girlfriend and I were a bit reticent because it was more expensive than other options in Nairobi, but in the end we were very happy we payed the slight premium.

The hotel is extremely safe. The rooms are comfortable, clean and tastefully appointed. We were on vacation, so were happy to see that the hotel definitely had a Kenyan flare and didn't feel to sterile. Perhaps the most impressive is the superb customer service: super welcoming and accommodating staff.

A couple other notes:

We organized an airport pick up with them, I recommend this instead of a taxi or other car service. Driver was waiting right outside immigration and provided an extremely pleasant ride to the hotel.

There is a restaurant on-site which is decent, but more expensive than some other Nairobi options. Also the included breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Noah,

Greetings from a wintery Nairobi morning and thank you very much for taking time to review Palacina.

We are delighted that you had a pleasant experience with us and in Nairobi in general and we look forward to the pleasure of hosting you in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at the Palacina anytime I am in Nairobi. It's really lovely - great atmosphere, lovely decor, a very well done hotel. We have a special rate with the hotel and it is absolutely great value for money. Great breakfast. Has a great restaurant attached to it (Moonflower). Good, fast internet. Friendly staff. Afternoon (4pm) tea provided with snacks and tea, complementary; and sometimes have themed nights that guests can attend. Welcome back on checking in has really good cookies and a fruit plate, and a personal letter from the manager welcoming you. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear BwT_2017,
Greetings from sunny Nairobi!
Our thanks and appreciation for taking time to write such a detailed review of Palacina.
The team and I were delighted to read it and we promise to keep striving to improve.
Our best wishes,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here one night when we first arrived to Kenya for vacation. It was a relatively good location as we didn't get stuck in much of the famous Nairobi traffic. We went from the airport and stopped at the Sheldrick trust and Giraffe Center on our way. The hotel is quite removed from the main streets so you feel more like you are in nature than in the city center. The room was lovely and the bathroom was huge. We had our own little sitting room. They welcomed us with cookies in the room. We had a drink on the veranda before dinner. Food was good and they made a special effort to start the breakfast early on our behalf so we could make our early flight. breakfast was delicious with wonderful fruits and pastries. was very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Lasarilla,
Thank you very much for your detailed review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our property and also that you made time to visit the Rhino & Giraffe sanctuaries. Palacina is a strong supporter of local wildlife conservation and your contribution is very much appreciated.
Once again thank you and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
My regards,

Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on business and wished I had stayed longer. It's really lovely - great atmosphere, lovely decor, clearly someone has spent a lot of time getting it just right. Nice breakfast. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear SilverMarvel,
This is a quick note to thank you very much for taking time to post your review.
My team and I work towards ensuring our guests have the best possible accommodation experience in Nairobi.
When I showed them your post the smiles said it all...
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am now in my 4th week of staying in Palacina. The staff is friendly, and knows my name. The setting is super peaceful, with nice seating in the garden, on the deck, and around the hotel.

The food is excellent both, and there is a lovely breakfast buffet every day.

I started out in the single long term residence, this was a bit small, I was able to give up my kitchen and move to the suites. These are amazingly nice, and if you don't NEED a kitchen, I would recommend them much higher. The suite is huge, their is a wonderful deck over looking the grounds, and the bathroom/closet both beat mine at home.

I think this place would be perfect for a romantic weekend, for a short stay, or for business. If your looking to be in the heart of it all, this may not be the place for you, but if you are looking for a good launching pad in a safe, beautiful hotel... you probably can't do better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Mike,
Its Labor Day in Nairobi and my team and I are very happy to read your very detailed and balanced review.
Thank you very much and hopefully on your return we will have Hookah service for your relaxation.
Best wishes and Happy labor day!

Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina