“Outstanding”
Review of Kaya Spa

Kaya Spa
Ranked #6 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Nairobi
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Definitely a world-class spa. I got the Swedish massage, pedicure and express facial. The massage was great and the pedicure was probably the best I've ever had. The technicians do their jobs very well and were very sweet and helpful at all the times. The receptionist was a bit of a turnoff and my massage did run 15mins short (I got 90 min) but these things didn't really taint the experience for me.

Tribe hotel on general is beautiful and incredibly posh, so after your treatments maybe you can use the restaurant or the pool.

1  Thank pte13

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I went to the spa with a friend - I had the skin brightening facial and my friend had the kaya massage. Both of us absolutely raved about our treatments and would highly recommend the therapists at the spa. Tea was not served prior to the treatment (as you would get at the Angsana at the Sankara which is amazing) but you do get water (infused with fruit) prior to the treatment and fruit and herbal tea after the treatment. Other than the great therapists they have at the spa, there is also a fabulous room which you are ushered to before and after the treatment where you can relax on couches and lazy chairs for as long as you wish without being interrupted.

However, the unpleasant front of house staff marred our experience a little. In addition to not being terribly friendly when we came in (he had a very imperious attitude), when I told him after our treatments that whilst we loved our treatments, my facial was 10 minutes shorter than the spa menu had stated, he was incredibly defensive and unhelpful. I told him very clearly that I wasn't complaining but just wanted to let him know that they should in the future tell their customers that the duration of the facial may depend on the facial needs of the customer after the facial mapping had been done. He then just grunted at me and said ok, clearly not intending to do anything about it. We were fairly put out by his attitude, especially at a purported five star spa. Management should consider hiring or training their front of house staff better, especially when they're competing with spas like Angsana which make you feel like you're on the top of the world after your time at the spa.

1  Thank jacintalim
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I love the variety of spa treatments you have. The fact that you're considerate enough to ask if a client needed a male or female mesues. I had the deep massage option for 90 minutes wand I totally blacked out. I didn't want to move after the massage was over.

I will come back for more

1  Thank Jemutai