I had lunch in their garden after visiting Karen Blixen museum. First of all, they have a gorgeous garden and serve pretty good food. Waters and waitresses are well trained and very attentive unlike any other restaurants in Nairobi.
I payed nearly USD 60 for a buffet lunch and a glass of wine and wish I were hungrier!!
I must say there was no locals (as far as I could tell) but full of Caucasians who spend a lot of money for the food and paintings sold in the garden. Apart from that, it was nice and relaxing.
It would be nice to go there with some companies!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cottages are located in Karen, a beautiful, peaceful suburb approximately 20 miles from downtown Nairobi and about half a mile from the famous Karen Blixen Museum. The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden And Cottages
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages Hotel Karen