“Fantastic”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was at Monikos last night. I had been hearing about the burgers and had to go and try one.

Incredible!! My wife had the snapper and it was also unbeleivable. We met Chef Kendi and she is the reason behind it all. Fabulous food and atmosphere. Well done!!

Fred Kendani

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank fareed k

“Smiling Tummy!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My tummy and I frequent Monikos for the not just the food but the ambiance and its various themed events. Like most places on the continent service is not always up to par but Monikos works on friendly and personable staff. Great new outdoor kitchen has brought more selection to the menu and variety of foods for the tummy.

• Visited May 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
“Nice surprise and good food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had not been here for a while as the food was not up to par, however, what a surprise when we dined there the other day! The food is great and the menu has a lot more choices. Talk about value for food. Now that they have a covered area, it is lovely, but they should distinguish the smoking area from the non smoking.

Visited April 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
“Didn't quite lived up to earlier standards”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I visited Monikos the first time during the Nairobi Restaurant week 2014 that happened earlier this year. During that time most restaurants participating offered nothing but the best in fine dining experiences. So I chose to visit Monikos a second time with friends, hoping for an equally good experience. To cut a long story short, the service was dreadful(waiters kept on rotating and we were almost billed for an order we did not place), the food was okay to say the least(had pasta that day) and Monikos really needs to do something about the restroom issue!! Overall, it didn't quite live up to its original standards. But that's my opinion!

• Visited March 2014
“great specials”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I highly recommend you go for the specials every time you visit, the chef always has something special :) My favorite from the menu is the Swahili snapper comes and for a light biting I recommend the bacon cheese samosas (orgasm in the mouth) to wash it down white wine, Leopard's leap to be specific.

The place has good ambiance, helpful staff. They have Quiz nights once a month. great time to come with friends and battle against other teams and have a good time.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank KenyanStylista
936Diana83, Public Relations Manager at Moniko's Kitchen, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Franklin, Thank you so much for your kind review, we are glad you loved your visit with us, you'll be glad to hear the swahili snapper will still be a regular on our specials, along with our carmbert samosa's. We look forward to having you join us again for a glass of stags leap (or two)