“Fantastic Stay”

Olive Gardens Hotel
Ranked #133 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was my 5th trip to Kenya. In the past I stayed at 5 star hotels with a group, this trip was solo. At the 5 star hotels the rooms and service was excellent, along with the price! If you are looking to save some money but still recieve excellant service I highly recommend The Olive Garden. From management to cleaning staff, reception staff, waiters, chef, I was treated with great respect and service. I believe people are treated this way, depending on their attitude. I stayed a total of 5 nights. Every morning the chef prepared my eggs the way I requested. The front desk staff walked out to the street to get me a newspaper. I had purchased flowers for a friend of mine I was visiting, and management put them in water for me. They always promptly called a taxi for me to go downtown or to the National Museum. The restaurant was very good, and the sevice, did I mention excellent. I would recommend upgrading to the deluxe room, although the standard was alright. The only negative thing I could mention which I did to management, would be to purchase a better quality towel which was not a big deal to me, but might be to other travelers. I hope the owners don't get greedy and try to raise the price, to compete with 4 and 5 star hotels. Stay small and stay great. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe room, especially if you are staying more than one night. The small difference in p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 March 2014

In November 2013 I stayed there having a meeting in one of the conference rooms. Every day the bed got a new linnen, the hot water shower was well working, the room service was without any complaints, the service personnel and the management were very helpful.
The cuisine including the breakfast was of good home-made quality. I could sit on the terrace having wifi and was serviced very well by the personnel.
Our meeting with 35 participants was very well organised by the hotel including drinks, writing paper, pens, a projector with a laptop.
This year (2014) I'll be there again for business reasons.
Prof. Dr. Wilfried Echterhoff

Room Tip: The rooms on the backside and on upper floors are are mor quiet. In some months there will be a new...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in the last week of January 2014. The hotel has greatly improved on service and the newly refurbished rooms are excellent. With safes, coffee makers, mini bar and 32 screen size tv's, one can almost say...Olive Gardens has finally become a hotel. I have been here several times before...and this last time was my best experience. Kudos to the new management and staff.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here for three days in December 2013 with my family. The staff were hospitable, quite friendly. Comfortable accommodation despite the defective shower in my room! Nice breakfast menu! Convenient location for errands in the city centre! We had a nice stay!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Olive G, SALES & MARKETING MANAGER at Olive Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear PW-Ka,
Thank you very much for your feedback on our services. I am glad you found Olive Gardens Hotel convinient for city errands and you enjoyed our breakfast and meals. I am sorry about the defective shower. Our housekeeping team noticed it the same day and it was fixed. We look forward to host you again in future.
Best regards

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is my second time around to come back to Olive and a I must say there has been a big improvement.All the issues regarding the rooms that I had previously encountered had been rectified and the management did major follow ups when I was there.I will definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends,the management is headed in the right direction to make this a superb hotel.Thanks!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Olive G, Sales & Marketing Manager at Olive Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Winnie,
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel here at Trip Advisor.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is now under new management and we are working gradually to sorting out all the challenges guests have encountered previously. We look forward to host you again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

When my company booked me at Olive garden in Hurlingham Nairobi, I took time to Google this hotel & checked out all the reviews here, I expected to experience Hell but that was not the case. The Olive Garden Hotel is really nice now. It has a complete new look for it has been renovated, looks pretty good & modern so everything is just perfect. I enjoyed their food and the ambience too. I stayed there for five days on a conference/workshop and was pleasantly surprised by the services. I loved their conference hall. The kicker for me was the buffet lunch they offered us, which had a wide variety & was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be back again, as the conference facilities were good & the staff friendly. I plan to recommend this hotel to other travelers coming to Nairobi.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are the best rooms in this facility.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 November 2013

Hi Markmable, Thank you very much for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Olive Gardens Hotel. We look forward to host you again in future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I checked in at Olive Gardens Hotel on 19th October 2013 with a colleague. We honestly expected the worst and we only came here because the hotel we were booked earlier somehow sold our rooms. To say the least, i was pleasantly surprised by the services at Olive Gardens Hotel. They have refurbished the rooms and the lobby looks really nice. The food was great and the staff were quite professional. My only disappointment was the view from all the rooms wasn't not pleasant at all. Maybe the hotel should speak with the neighbors to clean up the yard next door..it really looks like a junkie! Otherwise good job! We shall come again.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are currently the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 November 2013

Dear Lilykijo,

Thank you very much for the comments and compliments, they are well noted. The hotel is now under new management and we endeavor to offer our guests the best. We look forward to host you again