All reviewsfront office managerbusiness tripquiet areaexcellent hoteldouble roombreakfast was includedheated poolnice poolenjoyed my stayindian foodgift shopshort stayhome away from homenairobi trafficheronsmiloswesley
Reviewed 10 November 2013

In my last stay, i have experienced the best service and hospitality beyond my expectation. after the new management the hotel has been very much professional and take care of their guest very well.

Rooms

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable and our facilities & services were to your liking and expectation

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Besides The wildlife safaris, game tours of various national parks and adventure hot air baloon ride, The best experience was my stay at The Heron Portico. A hotel with really nice, bright, spacious rooms and true value for money. The Kitchenette provided in the rooms are the best. The staff is warm, splendid service. Check in was quick. This was my second trip to Nairobi and stay at the same hotel. But must say that this year I found the services, food etc much better and quick than last time, Specially the service and room cleaning.
Would recommend for families going on vacation. Corporates for outbound meetings. Good fun!!!
Cheers

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool... The corner room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

It’s exciting to receive such motivating comments from our guests as we take pride in delivering best of the services to make your stay a memorable one and to become the most preferred destination in Nairobi.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Heron Hotel during my visits to Nairobi. Nice welcome pick up at the airport, efficient check in by friendly reception staff and nice spacious rooms for a pocket friendly price.

The hotel is now under new management and a few rough edges have clearly been polished. Staff is being trained and issues addressed more efficiently. However they still have an issue with their locks. I lost my key card and could not get a replacement. Had to be accompanied every time back to my room by a bell boy...not very nice. Hope they solve this before I come back.

Food quality in the restaurant is good, however the breakfast buffet is very limited. They could do a little more for breakfast.

I used the hotel laundry services and was pleasantly surprised to see all my laundry was returned and nothing damaged, good job!

I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frederic V
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We take pride in training our team members and ensure that guests such as yourself feel at home while staying with us.

I have taken a note of your feedback on buffet breakfast and room lock. Please be assured that corrective measures are being taken for enhancement of over all service delivery.

We have shared your sentiments with the entire team. The team is delighted and looks forward to your next visit at The Heron Portico, Nairobi.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have been in the Heron several times, and for me this is the place to be in Nairobi. The hotel is very safe, and close to the business centre. In day time you can walk to the city centre within 15 minutes. At night you take a taxi back 'home' for only 300 Ksh. Rooms are clean and nice. Breakfast is okay, but every time I am there served in another way. And the last time I often had to wait for clean dishes or things like that. But this is Africa. The terrace besides the entrance is a nice place to work in open air, in the shade and with real espresso coffee (in a small part of the terrace it is allowed to smoke, hurray). The only minus of this hotel is room cleaning. They clean your room part by part during all day long. So if you want to go for a nap in the afternoon, ask the cleaners personally to do your room quick and during morning hours.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rik G
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank your for your feedback .

We are really pleased to know that you were satisfied with the services and facilities offered to you during your stay and that we managed to live up to your expectations.

We are happy that you enjoyed lovely idyllic location. We have taken a serious note of your feedback on F&B service and housekeeping.

We look forward to welcome you again at The Heron Portico.

Warm regards

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed with family for a couple of nights. Service at the reception was slow (not unusual for Kenya...). We got a huge suit at the 6th floor which was great for a family. Breakfast is rather poor and Wifi is slow.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carroth
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is always our constant endeavour to provide best of services to our guests and that every guest of the hotel is treated with utmost professional care and hospitality. It seems we have fallen short this time. We have taken a note of your feedback on check in,WiFi and breakfast at restaurant very seriously and corrective measures have been taken.
We would like to bring to your notice that your valuable comments and suggestions are always treasured as they always motivate us to perform better

I do hope that you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services.
I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you on your next visit and personally assuring you of our best services.

Kind Regards