Gigiri Homestead
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Nairobi
See available hotels
Tribe Hotel(Nairobi)
View Hotel
All reviewsvillage marketwalking distancehome away from homeexcellent stayclean roomscompound
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice fish dish, comfortable, relaxed and safe. I did like the Kenyan breakfast. Could be a little bit more clear with the customers with regards to the food. I would like to have seen some more African food and perhaps next time I will try these and the famous curries.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hamungwe1972
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The guesthouse is clean and silent. Very close to the UN compound, American Embassy and Masai Market. Good food (available only if preordered) and service. In my opinion, it'really cost effective. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here for a month and can say it is the nicest place in Gigiri. The homestead accommodation is very comfortable and impeccably clean, and staying in the house gives a personal touch without any loss to privacy, it really is a home away from home. It is possible to have time and space to yourself or meet other guests over dinner - a great way to meet incredibly interesting people travelling through Nairobi and the fish curry was a personal favourite. The rooms are clean and staff are genuine and friendly. Fantastic location for walking to the UN compound.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have now stayed twice at Gigiri Homestead, and found it to be a perfect base for a working trip. I will definitely stay there next time I go to Nairobi. Excellent breakfast, with option of lunch and/or dinner, all cooked to order by expert cooks. My favourites were the really delicious curries, but there are options for African and European meals. Essential for my work is the fast broadband wifi throughout the house and garden, and a desk in every room. The beds are comfortable and everything is spotlessly clean. Being close to various embassies and the UN the area is well-guarded and safe, and also within walking distance of the busy Village shopping centre, for meals out, gifts and general purpose shopping. It is also easy to get a taxi whenever needed. There is a very pleasant sitting room, with TV, and it is always interesting to talk with fellow-guests over dinner. Above all, the lovely young people who run Gigiri Homestead make it feel like a home from home. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My own preference is for an ensuite bedroom, and upstairs ones are nicer, lighter and with view of the garden One double room on the ground floor has exclusive use of a bathroom, but it is not ensuite, and the room is rather dark with limited outlook, but I have still found it comfortable and pleasant to stay in. I also stayed in the "studio", which is a converted two-room servants quarters in the back of the house. It is very charming, with shower room and small kitchen area. It is exceptionally good value, even though the internet is cable, not wifi.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I recently traveled to Nairobi for work and was delighted with Gigiri Homestead. The staff was very friendly and helpful. An example: the day of my arrival I got there after midnight and there was somebody waiting for me. Details count, and a lot. Lovely breakfasts, clean rooms. I was in one of of the rooms where you share a bathroom, wasn't a problem for me. I slept like a log with the beautiful sounds of the (admittedly, urban) african night. Next time I'm in Nairobi I'll go back, it's as simple as that.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business