“As usual a good comfort place to stay”

Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris
Ranked #35 of 288 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I arrived late a Thursday evening without a booking and they invited me in for the night .
A friend and I, had I wonderful day there again in there homely way of running the Bed & Breakfast. Lovely bed and hot water in the associated bathrooms.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JesJac

Reviewed 30 October 2010

This was a perfect place for us to stay. We were based out of Nairobi, but spent most of our time exploring Masai Mara, Nakuru, and Lamu. Trevor made all of the arrangements for our trips and him and his staff made us feel at home while we were staying at the lodge. The food was home-cook and delicious. We had a great experience!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerussell
Reviewed 1 September 2010

A great, quiet place to stay. The staff was friendly, helpful, and accomodating. Great homemade meals. It's about a half an hour from the center of Nairobi which can be great or a nuisance. On the positive side, it's quiet and the grounds are beautiful. On the downside it's a $40 cab ride to and from the city. But if you're willing to pay that it's a friendly, cozy, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CrossContinentCouple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My very good friend and I were in Nairobi in June 2010 and we both had the pleasure of calling Kikuyu Lodge our home. The owner of the place and his dear wife plus all the members of staff treated my friend and I with the utmost respect from the moment we arrived. We were welcomed from the airport by a driver sent by the owner of kikuyu lodge. At the lodge, we enjoyed the meals, it was always clean, well maintained and better still, even though the hotel was a little far from Nairobi, we were never stranded. The drivers chosen to take us where we needed to go were very helpful. The next time I am in Kenya I know I will be welcomed back to Kikuyu Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2010

For my first African adventure I wanted help with planning where to go and what to see. i didn't want a big group coach type tour, yet I didn't have an enormous budget. I also wanted a mix of Wildlife, Scenery, Local culture and a restful time at the beach. Kikuyu Lodge Hotel has great reviews and came on recommendation from friend. They looked after us from the time we arrived at the airport to the time we left. They were not phased by our ignorance of culture and geography. The food was great, home style, and fresh. Safari drivers and accommodation they arranged were all fine. I have not complaints only that I would like more time, Kenya is a big place with lots to see.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spencer1955
Reviewed 3 March 2010

This is a very nice lodge, but the location leaves allot to be desired. The owners offer safaris, which is very convenient, but if you want to shop around for a safari, it is a long ride into town.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WanderLust1940
Reviewed 10 February 2010

This is a small, but very friendly private hotel which is ideally placed for the Giraffe Centre, karen Blixen Museum and the Elephant orphanage. Unlike many of the city centre hotels you do not need an armed guard but feel very safe.
trevor, (the owner) organised everything we wanted to do without any fuss and uses an exceptional taxi firm to transport you.
If it is city centre 5 star luxury you want - forget it - however if you want a no frilss cheap bases for Nairobi - this is your place!
Thanks Trevor for looking after us John & Sue