Methodist Resort
US$300
US$288
Agoda.com
US$170
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This was my first time in this place and I really loved it. I passed 6 month without my famly. The staff is wonderful and friendly. Rooms are clean and the food is safe. I really like this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Thank Evelyne Huguett... M
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This was my first time in a Christian Hotel and it was an interesting experience. The place is very clean and the staff disinfect the floors everyday.Sundays and some other days groups were in and would often be found in small bible groups or prayer meetings.
The location is good. The rooms basic but clean. They have mosi nets but no air con, Internet is very patchy and much better outside or hanging off the balcony.The rooms with little sitting room are great for working.
We only ate in two of the three restaurants. They were not great but they were adequate. There are other places to eat a taxi ride away. I recommend those
Breakfast is somewhat disconcerting as it finishes at 8.30 and they have a tendency to start packing away early (8.10am on day) or calling you up about 8.10 to ask if you are coming.
Housekeeping staff also start early so if you want a lie in put the DND sign out
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
There is some construction work outside (Dec 11) so not very quiet but starts after 7.30.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2011

This Christian hotel/conference centre is great value for money. Rooms are clean, food is substantial, pool is a good size, albeit cold. \atmosphere is relaxed and, at the price, really hard to beat. Breakfast obviously not an Ulster fry but a good effort, none the less.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank UlsterFryNo1
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Basic rooms, clean, friendly staff, good food and safe.

Have been several times over the years, and always found it exactly the same! Swimming pool usually very busy with schools or non residents.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
rosenairobi, marketing officer at Methodist Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you for staying at Methodist Guest house and conference, we appreciate your comment and we are happy you liked our service.

we look forward to to welcoming you once more at Methodist.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 January 2011

The Room was fine. Our stay was fine. We avioded dining in (not impressed at appearance of the buffet based on the price asked... but that was a personal decision). Breakfast was decent.
"Terrible" rating is based on a bad experience following our stay.
I lost a camera charger (left it in the room, my own fault).
A few days later caught a taxi to the hotel to enquire... They made me sit in reception for One Hour while they checked. After 30 mins my taxi driver (quite happy at the delay) came in to assist... They had not even contacted lost and found. I asked for the manager, whom they told we was not present. I asked who was in charge, they would not say. I was later told by my taxi driver that the staff were saying (in Swahili) that they "Did not want to call the duty manager". So the staff were listening to my questions, and then lying to my face. So after 50 mins I was finally told that someone was "looking in lost and found". After 55 mins they managed a "Sorry, it doesn't seem to be there, woudl you like to leave your email?". The camera charger cost me $70 (my own fault). The Crappy Service cost me an extra $25US which I'm sure made a wonderful day for my Taxi Driver.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JoeandMargret
rosenairobi, Marketing Officer at Methodist Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

We do appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experience after you lost your charger. we have noted your concerned and we do promise this will never happen again.

We look forward for your next visit.