“Terrible terrible terrible...”

Ranked #1 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Nairobi
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

So i had to write this today after my second visit months apart. on the previous visit, a group of friends decided to have lunch at Java Gigiri. Being one of the most famous names of restaurants in Nairobi, we expected nothing less of an uneventful lunch where we could catch up on recent events. however our conversations were cut short when my dear friend found the full 'wrapper of the cheese' as described by the manager in her sandwich. They apologized and compensated us by cutting the cost of the sandwich from the bill. i had no intent to write a review after that incident but i feel obliged after today chain of events. today i had returned to java with my laptop and a friend so we could take advantage of using the internet to discuss some matters over a meal. the internet was average at best but what was really disappointing was the service. We were only approached a half an hour later after we were seated where we asked for the menu. After the menu was given to us, we were either forgotten or ignored for another half an hour until we decided to leave. we approached the counter ordered our coffees and cheese cake to go since we no longer wanted to wait any longer to be served. Further disappointment ensued as they confused the coffee order twice and the cheese cake was definitely stale. I tried to look for an email address online that i could privately email my concerns and complaints to, but either none exists or is near impossible to find. I do not recommend.

1  Thank hmanji89

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Did lunch at Java Yaya Centre and had a very mixed experience. While the meal I had was reasonable, the service was horrible. The meal took long to come, the orders were mixed and the waiter did not seem too concerned about it. All in all, kudos to the supervisor who stepped in after we complained. Java is usually a pretty good place to visit, the ambience is good and have a few extras like being able to even work there cause they do give some internet connection. But still, service is what counts most of the time, especially when out to relax.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It's okay if you are a fast food fan...which I am not....everything looks greasy and I don't like the dark red decor. So, all in all, not recommended by me!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to catch coffee and meet up with friends for a quick lunch. Food options are limited . Coffee is great though. Overall? Average.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of those few place that come to my mind when I want to have descent meetings on weekday evenings while washing down the ideas with rounds of hot coffee! The location, setting and service is on point.