“Great food and service!”

Bush Gardens Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Lamu Island
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our visit to Bush Garden was almost changed. When we first started ordering, they didn't have many of the things that we wanted, particularly coconut. The enthusiastic manager actually went and got coconuts from the tree. He was so helpful and the food was delicious!

Reviewed 2 March 2013

We ate lunch here just once during our 3-week stay on Lamu.
We were the only diners but the service was friendly and good . It was obvious that the meal was cooked freshly for us.
Food I found rather pedestrian but my husband rated it as very good.
Lots to watch as the restaurant is on the main quay.
The experience spoilt a little by the drainy smell from somewhere , maybe low-tide in the harbour.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Having just spent a month on Lamu, my husband and I had several dinners and many fruit drinks here. This is a typical, seafront restaurant which provides much entertainment just watching local life pass by. The young man who works here is terrific, very attentive and friendly and always went out of his way to make us satisfied. The soups and samosas are quite good and most meals come with a lovely salad. The fish is always fresh and I really enjoyed the chicken thika and the curries. The burianis were also good. There were very few tourists during our stay so we were often the only diners. However, all meals and drinks were made to order which usually meant a long wait. But we weren't going anywhere and the passing show was worth the wait.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Having had lunch and dinner at Bush gardens several times during my stay on lamu, my favorite two dishes were fish kabobs and ginger crab and if your lucky the owner will entertain you with some of his cleaver stories, where they "fact or fiction" I'm not sure.

1  Thank Mrloh
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have been there several ocassions. its near the lamu seafront with well lit candles in the evening. your are alwaiz tempted to go in for a drink/ meal because of its lively look from outside. i loved their pilau. A well blended fresh mango juice was fantastic. i would rate it average compared to others. keep up.