“Exactly what we wanted and more....”
Review of Manda Bay

Manda Bay
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Absolutely loved it. The food was delicious. The staff were attentive and met every one of our needs. It was cozy, comfortable, safe, timeless, and romantic. The water was ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Went running along the beach. I would return without thinking twice.

Room Tip: Beach Front is the only way to go!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed at Manda Bay after going on a couple of safaris. It was so incredible, the ocean is so close you can almost touch from the comfort of your cabana. The service is beyond fantastic; the food, the camaraderie of the hosts, water sports, the afternoon boat trip to Lamu for lunch, all beyond our expectations. Especially the lunch crab feast, I think I would return just for that! Can't forget the wonderful pool, I could spend a lot of time lounging around that pool! We went snorkeling in the Indian Ocean and the great thing is you can really make up your own schedule to match your own pace. One day the guys went fishing, and the women lounged around the pool reading and resting. I have never seen the stars so bright anywhere else on this planet! Bimbi had vast knowledge about the constellations and we enjoyed her enthusiasm. A trip out on the dhow for sundowners was the best! Yes, we will return soon!

Room Tip: Next to the ocean is my favorite, but all are good choices.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is the 6th time we've returned to Manda Bay, and it was as good as ever. It's a difficult place to leave, as the place is so beautiful, and the service, atmosphere, food, staff are all so perfect. Nothing is too much trouble, and the owners and their team, lead by Bimbi, make it feel like they really want you there and enjoy your company. Trips on their Dhow, star gazing, going wakeboarding and on the "screamers" - all so relaxed, beautifully organised and fun. And for those concerned about the Somalian issues, the security is unreal - 2 former Gurka soldiers on from 6pm until 6am, plus 3 other guards and radars. We'll be back again!

Room Tip: beach front villas are the most stunning, but you can hear the sea, so if you wouldn't like that...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Back from another Manda holiday in paradise. It is simply the most beautiful, peaceful, comfortable and enjoyable place to go that I have ever been lucky enough to visit. Peace and privacy, fun and company - take your pick and however long you stay, you will leave too soon and want to go back. Thank you to everyone at Manda.

Room Tip: No rooms to avoid. If you want room service, you can probably get it but you wont want it, and if yo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I spent ten days here to take complete rest after hectic years of rebuilding my life. I enjoyed the warmth of both people and the place: the team (led by the able Bimbi) and the visitors, the sea and its fresh food, the dinner under the stars. What contributed most to my relaxation was minimal intervention from the outside world. No TV, no newspaper, very poor telephone networ and no cars other those of rendering essential services to the establishment.
I wish to make an annual ritual
Aydrus Daar

Room Tip: I stayed the rooms by the beach. Great view. You watch the fish from your balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2013

In short: Go to Manda Bay!

How it is possible to run such a professional resort while still maintaining such a relaxed and island style feel is beyond me…but the guys at Manda found the secret and perfected it!

We stayed for 7 nights and travelled with our two boys aged 7 and 4 and they were treated like royalty…kids are welcome here and the staff did everything in their power to make the experience a memorable one!

Our chalet was right on the beach…spacious, very clean with a huge bathroom and with a view to die for…although all chalets look fantastic I think it is worth asking for one on the beach!
The staff was super professional, friendly and very helpful, the bar area is probably the best I have ever experienced and the perfect place to sip on a sun downer or relax while reading.
All in all I cannot say enough about the quality of the staff, the food, the accommodation and the location…you will have to go and experience the barefoot luxury in person!

Thanks to Larissa, Harry, William, the staff & especially Abby for making this the best beach holiday imaginable!

Room Tip: Chalets on the beach!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been to Manda Bay several times, but this time I brought my daughter, my mom, and four of my friends. To put it simply, everyone had a great time, and they all want to do it again! The staff was attentive, professional and nice. Food was very good, and you could slightly modify to meet your nutrition/diet needs, ie - gluten-free, etc. The place is good for everything, whether it's business, couples, family, friends or solo.....this is the place to go.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 29 in Lamu Island
Kizingo
Kizingo
#3 of 10 in Lamu Island

Been to Manda Bay? Share your experiences!