I was part of a group. When I heard that they could accommodate people w/ limited mobility, I took my Mom along. She had her 88th birthday in Kenya! The location at the edge of the game park was amazing. It was like living in the midst of the animals. We were in the economy / mid-grade section and it was very nice. The food was very good. No one lost weight on this trip. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We wanted to take a hot air balloon ride and they made all the arrangements and had coffee and pastries for us before we left. The "safari" trips into the park were great but we found out that is was a mini safari when we went anywhere. This was a trip of a lifetime - but I'm coming back for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled against a wooded thicket and surrounded by savannah, Mara West provides nature lovers with luxury accommodations while experiencing the sights and sounds of an unforgettable African safari. Luxury tents are perched in secluded spots on an escarpment edge overlooking the vast plains of the Masai Mara Game Reserve giving tremendous views and a sense of private exclusion. Mara West is an American owned and managed private safari camp providing high quality service with beautifully designed, comfortable accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Mara West Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara West Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara West Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve