We stayed with a family of 2 adults and 2 kids. At first they put us in a Jumbo tent, that is spacious enough. They added an extra bed for 1 of our children, but had no facilities to attach a musquito net for that bed. But they solved this by giving us an extra tent, although that meant we had to split ourselves up.
The bathrooms were very dated.
Food was acceptable but nothing more. Indian oriented so not child friendly. And for sure not in abundance. Choices were very limited.
When we wanted to go for the Happy hour drink (25% discount on the drinks), they informed us it was not valid on that day...so we needed a few discussions at the reception desk, and obtained it finally.
The entrance of the national park is very near, so that is a +.
As mentioned in an other review, unfortunately we were NOT accompanied by security staff to our tents everytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Leisure, a Luxury Tented Camp nestled in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve. The camp is situated on the northern border of the game reserve and this makes all areas of the park accessible for game viewing. Our accommodation facilities include 1 exclusive honeymoon tent, 8 spacious jumbo tents, 17 standard “nyati” tents and 3 family “jamii” cottages. With these, all social groups are adequately catered for. You will have the chance to meet the local Maasai community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Jovago.com and Agoda so you can book your Mara Leisure Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Leisure Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Leisure Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve