We came to Karen Blixen Camp as the last stop on a Road Scholar safari trip in Kenya. What a wonderful way to end the trip of a lifetime. Our "tent" was a lovely, luxurious place, our room steward was so helpful and kind, the dining room was beautifully furnished and the food delicious, thanks to their chef and cooking school, and the game drives each day were spectacular. Just relaxing on the veranda a-in the evening was pleasure enough, watching the hippos in the river or the birds on the lawn. The Mara's varied landscape, wildlife, history, and beauty will dazzle every visitor. Karen Blixen Camp is the perfect home from which to see this beautiful part of Kenya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve