On arrival, and while we were enjoying welcome drinks at the incredible view of hippos in the river, we had virtually no time to react as a leopard exploded from the bushes and took an impala. It was as if this had been orchestrated for us. Although I am one of the rare visitors to Africa who did not wish to witness a kill, I was 'okay' to realize that nature does balance itself if left alone and that the impala's death did serve a purpose. The rest of our stay was as remarkable with amazing cuisine, rustic but exceptional accommodation and the most attentive
staff personell that you could want. Nothing could outdo the candlelight bush supper!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve