We have just spent 5 nights at Karen Blixen Camp. It was heavenly. A special thank you to Lillian in the office, Anne at reception and Safari..the coolest waiter in Kenya.
The game drives were well organised and the pack lunch on the full day drive was a feast on the savannah. Far too much food!
The food in the restaurant was great and certainly plentiful. My husband has a food allergy and they were super accommodating.
We saw all the animals we were craving and got tons of photos. The wonderful part about Karen Blixen is that you don't need to go on a drive to see the animals. You can sit in a lawn chair and watch the animals come to the river for a drink: crocs, hippos, impala, elephants, giraffes, warthogs...and you can do all of this with a cool drink in your hand.
Drinks are included (soft drinks, beer and wine) with accommodation prices. At some places this would mean slow service or waiters that were hard to be found...at KB, they couldn't wait to fill your glass or offer you refreshment.
Some advice: if you have a late breakfast, sometimes the pickings were a bit slim and the Internet works best in the back office.
Overall, it was heaven. Thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve