I was fortunate to spend three nights at the Karen Blixen Camp in mid September. Sineal and the rest of his staff were absolutely the best; they know and practice the art of hospitality! From the first moment I arrived, someone was always attentive to my needs . Since I was traveling alone, they made a special effort to seek me out and share their insights into the camp and the breathtaking Maasai Mara. I felt that I was truly taken care of! Can't say enough about the warmth and friendliness of the staff. The accommodations and food were also excellent. My guide for the game drives was extremely knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. It was an experience of a lifetime and I would love to return to this camp someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve