Our first trip to Africa, was part mission trip and then a series of safari's. We started at the Karen Blixen Camp and we couldn't have had a better time. The Staff, from manager Lilliana, to Nicholas our game guide was first class. Everything about the camp, the tents, the food, the wild life, the massages EVERYTHING was great. I never felt more welcome, and apprecaited that I did here. The staff made an effort to get to know everyone in our group by first name, and they went out of their way to make sure you are happy. As for the game drives, get Nicholas as your driver and guide, he was so knowledgable, friendly and went the extra effort to assure we saw EVERYTHING we came for. We will be back someday !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve