“Experience of a lifetime”
Review of Offbeat Mara Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masai Mara National Reserve
Offbeat Mara Camp
Stuttgart, Germany
“Experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

So far this was my best vacation ever! Lots of game, Very good horses, very good guide and super group. The food was also excellent and the tents are so lovely. I can highly recomend the Offbeat Safaris and riding tours to anyone loving adventure and fit for riding. I loved meeting hippos, lions, elephants and lots of other game on horse trek and on game drive. The whole staff is lovely and is takking very good care of us guests.

Room Tip: if you do your safari with a mobile camp, take care to bring a flash light with you.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
OffbeatKenya, Owner at Offbeat Mara Camp, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had an amazing time and were well looked after by Katie, Jamie and the rest of the team.
We hope to see you back again at Offbeat Mara soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The Offbeat Mara camp provided us with a very comfortable stay in the Mara North Conservancy. From the morning delivery of coffee and tea in our tent to the hot showers and delicious meals at the camp, we could not have asked for more, and certainly didn’t feel as though we were roughing it. Katie and Jamie, the camp managers, along with the rest of the staff, provided a welcoming home-base in between our daily adventures out in the bush.

Our guides, David and Levi, were skilled and knowledgeable. They had a keen sense of where to look for some of the more elusive animals, and with them we were able to see things like cheetahs, an aardvark, baby hyenas, and a two-week old giraffe, just to name a few. In addition they were incredibly friendly and fun to be around, and their determination to give us the best experience possible will never be forgotten.

Our memories from this awesome experience will be with us forever, and we hope to have an opportunity to return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
OffbeatKenya, Owner at Offbeat Mara Camp, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had an amazing time and I will pass on your comments to Katie, Jamie, David, Levi and the rest of the team.
Fantastic that you got to see an Aardvark - we see less of these than the elusive leopard so a very lucky sighting. Well Done!
We hope to see you back again at Offbeat Mara soon
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I've been on two safaris in the Masai Mara, one in 2007 and one in 2013. The 2013 we stayed at Offbeat and absolutely LOVED it. The hosts were excellent. The guides were so helpful and authentic. The food was great. And the sleeping arrangements were cozy. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Choosing Offbeat is an EXCELLENT choice for a safari! The bonfires on the African plains while watching the sunset puts the icing on the cake. Seriously, choose Offbeat.

Room Tip: Don't let the tents scare you. They are secure and very luxurious.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor and I am very glad you had such a good stay.
We hope to welcome you back to Offbeat soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I just got back from 5 nights at offbeat Mara camp. . Great setting and facilities. It was my first tent experience but settled in easily. The hot water bottle was a welcome sight at the end of a long day. The hosts ( Jamie and Katie) were attentive and despite there relatively young ages managed to host the dinners very well.
Game viewing was excellent and my guide made the drives fun.
I would probably combine this camp with another next time to get a varied game experience but thoroughly enjoyed myself at Offbeat.

OffbeatKenya, Owner at Offbeat Mara Camp, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you very much for your review here and great you had an amazing experience.
I will pass on your comments to Katie, Jamie and the team and we hope to see you back at Offbeat Mara Camp again
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about the experience I had. The accommodations and the setting within the conservatory was fabulous. Add to that a staff who wants this to be a trip of a lifetime and you have a great combination. Thanks again to each of them for making my safari so special.

• Stayed June 2013
OffbeatKenya, Owner at Offbeat Mara Camp, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you very much for your review here. I am thrilled you had such a great time and I will pass your comments onto the team.
We hope to see you again at Offbeat Mara soon!
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 20 June 2013

After three weeks in Kenya with a group of college students, I was eager to visit Offbeat Mara. My Masai guide and spotter (David and James) met me at the airstrip and provided the first watching experience on our drive to camp before lunch. I was amazed by how many species we saw over three days, including two lionesses and six cubs on our way to my farewell flight! Being virtually unplugged was actually a relief--wifi available in the office tent in the evenings, and I didn't miss TV at all. Meals were superb with great service in the mess tent! Oh....and love the superbly stocked bar! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the outer tents in order to get unobstructed views of the hillside in front of the ca...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your great review here and I am very happy you had such a great time.
I will pass your comments onto Katie, Jamie, David, James (Mukenye) and the rest of the crew.
We hope to welcome you back to Offbeat Mara soon
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My first visit to Offbeat Mara was three years ago with my then 16 year old daughter, and it was heaven on earth! EVERYTHING was perfect and we decided this was our "happy place." I returned the following year with two of my closest friends and they agreed, HEAVEN! Back AGAIN, this past January with three more friends who have not stopped thanking me for sharing this amazing experience with them!!! I am now planning my fourth trip for this coming July with my daughter, AGAIN!

In my opinion the North Conservancy is perfection. Some days you can go all day and only see a few other vehicles, usually in the distance. The game is ridiculous! Cheetahs, Leopards, and the Offbeat Pride EVERYDAY! And the Offbeat Maasai guides are unbelievable, we always request Joseph and Kimani although they are ALL amazing. Kimani is one of the funniest guys you will ever met.

The service is topnotch and the comfort level high. The food is wonderful, the wine plentiful and the camp management is beyond. I work in both the US and Kenya and can go months without a day off but just 3 or 4 days here and I can completely recharge my severely depleted self. I can jump back into my crazy life not only rested (best sleep ever when I am there) but filled with a sense of calm and focus.

OK. I have run out of superlatives and hate redundancy, so I will sign off, for now. I am sure you are going to have the time of your life.

Cheers.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
OffbeatKenya, Owner at Offbeat Mara Camp, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Than you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor and we are thrilled that you love Offbeat Mara so much.
Great your friends had such a good time and we look forward to seeing you and your daughter again in July.
I will pass your comments on to Joseph and Kimani and the rest of the team and see you soon!