We stayed for three nights in Ngerende for our honeymoon. The Masai warrior dance welcome at the entrance is quite special and welcoming, they allowed us to join in the dance while Daniel took our photos. as we came into the reception area, we were offered a sweet refereeing cocktail after our long drive from Nairobi to the lodge.
Ours was suite 7 just looking over a hairpin of the Mara river. Although, we couldn't see them, we knew the hippos was close by. The room was amazing with an open terrace, jacuzzi and a small dipping pool filled with flower petals. They even had a honeymoon welcome on the bed. They have rolled up heavy netted walls so that small bugs don't come in at night with bed mosquito nets.
Butler service is included and we were served by Walter who made our stay Vera comfortable, we kind of became friends at the end of the stay. He is quite sweet and puts on a fire in the fireplace after the afternoon drives so you come in to a warm room. He also likes to put in a warm water bag in the bed so your bed is warm when you get in. He also is our waiter for our stay and does a very good job at it. You can call him through a walkie-talkie system to get whatever you want from drinks to food or whatever. He'll also arrange with you your itenerary for your stay do you don't have to worry. Great!!
The food is excellent and our chef is James. He does great western and Asian foods and allows you to choose what you want to eat as long as he can get it close by or have it in stock at the time. We requested to try his Korean cuisine snd he actually did it!! Plus it's tasty too!! He'll come out from time to time to make sure your good and will adjust to your likings if needed.
Daniel who is the Masai expert there took us for bush walks and also gave us a great introduction to the Masai culture before going to the village. He was open for discussion on various topics and questions concerning the Masai. Plus he is very very knowledgablel about his animal wildlife and plants. It's great when you can both enjoy and learn something when you go on a trip.
We did try the spa and Rosemary was our massage therapist and she does a wonderful snd professionsl job in relaxing you.
All in all, this is a great place to be for couples and you'll have a trip of a life time with them.
Kevin from Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngerende Island Lodge has only 7 luxury en-suite canvas and wood suites all with raised platforms giving panoramic views of the Mara River and the woods on the opposite bank. Each suite has polished Mahogany floors (including the terrace) and is very spacious providing open plan sleeping and living area complete with wood fire, a separate bathroom providing both Villeroy & Boch massage shower, open air bath (if desired) hand wash basins and flushing toilet. Comfortable seating is provided both in the living area and on the terrace so that the true tranquility of the lodge can be best appreciated. The distance between each suite has been maximised to reduce any risk of disturbance that may be caused by other guests. There is one honeymoon suite isolated from the main lodge, has a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and has stunning views of the Mara river. Lovely touches as flowers on the bed, fire in the suites, bubble bath with essential oil prepared by your personal butler, hot-water bottle set Ngerende Island Lodge apart from the rest providing a memorable experience. The lodge has been designed to complement the safari experience so as to give comfort, luxury and service naturally. There is an abundance of wildlife both on the Conservation Ranch and of course within the Masai Mara Game Reserve to include Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Hippos and many others. A feature of the Conservation Ranch is an exclusive project to rear the White Rhino so that they can take their place back in the Mara society to which they belong in greater numbers. Over 180 varieties of birds have been spotted within the lodge itself and there are 3 Hippo Pods strategically located around the lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Ngerende Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngerende Island Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngerende Island Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve