This place is not for kings or queens but for King and Queen makers. Took a chance with it and we both loved the place. Attention to detail is superb, then there is the butler service and the plate service as opposed to the buffet. The game drives with our driver Steve were amazing and he has intricate knowledge of the place including a visit to the white rhino sanctuary and spotting the ever rare leopard....
The food is amazing with presentation being world class not to mention you can request anything you want the chef to prepare for you. local beers,wine as well as some spirits are part of the package.I highly recommend the honey moon suite,amazing plunge pool with an awesome view....
What more can I say, a repeat visit is due in the near future......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngerende Island Lodge has only 7 luxury en-suite canvas and wood suites all with raised platforms giving panoramic views of the Mara River and the woods on the opposite bank. Each suite has polished Mahogany floors (including the terrace) and is very spacious providing open plan sleeping and living area complete with wood fire, a separate bathroom providing both Villeroy & Boch massage shower, open air bath (if desired) hand wash basins and flushing toilet. Comfortable seating is provided both in the living area and on the terrace so that the true tranquility of the lodge can be best appreciated. The distance between each suite has been maximised to reduce any risk of disturbance that may be caused by other guests. There is one honeymoon suite isolated from the main lodge, has a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and has stunning views of the Mara river. Lovely touches as flowers on the bed, fire in the suites, bubble bath with essential oil prepared by your personal butler, hot-water bottle set Ngerende Island Lodge apart from the rest providing a memorable experience. The lodge has been designed to complement the safari experience so as to give comfort, luxury and service naturally. There is an abundance of wildlife both on the Conservation Ranch and of course within the Masai Mara Game Reserve to include Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Hippos and many others. A feature of the Conservation Ranch is an exclusive project to rear the White Rhino so that they can take their place back in the Mara society to which they belong in greater numbers. Over 180 varieties of birds have been spotted within the lodge itself and there are 3 Hippo Pods strategically located around the lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Ngerende Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngerende Island Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngerende Island Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve