This safari was truly a dream come true... though thinking about it, I really don't believe that I have ever dreamt of something as beautiful as Ngerende. This was my 4th trip to the Masai Mara and having stayed at the standard hotels, we decided to try out a boutique hotel for a change.
Though it is on the more expensive side, what Ngerende offers is an all inclusive stay and believe me, it is a wonderful experience when you know that there are no extra costs and you can simply enjoy the pleasures of the hotel. We stayed at the honeymoon suite and it was simply beautiful. The room has its own fireplace, a large deck, an outside pool, a standalone bath facing the mara river, a fantastic canopy bed... and...and.... and. We had our own butler for the entire stay and he took care of our every wish. He noted what drinks we liked with our meals, what foods we liked and aimed to ensure that the following day, our wishes were served even before we needed to make a request.
After every morning game drive and evening drive, we came back to find the fireplace lit and a bubble bath ran for us!! This was such a pleasant surprise! The Chef also ensured that he asked for our feedback after every meal and also to ask if there was anything in particular we wanted for the next meal. He even allowed my fiance to show him how to make eggs the way my fiance liked and the next day, the chef ensured he cooked them just like that! I truly applaud an establishment that takes customer feedback seriously and that is looking to better itself each day - kudos to the chef!
A very warm thank you to the staff at Ngerende, each one of you made our stay memorable. We have stayed at several 5 star hotels, and there I would say you deserve 8 stars not just for the lodge but especially for the service and warmness of your staff!!
Keep it up and keep continuing to better yourselves each day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngerende Island Lodge has only 7 luxury en-suite canvas and wood suites all with raised platforms giving panoramic views of the Mara River and the woods on the opposite bank. Each suite has polished Mahogany floors (including the terrace) and is very spacious providing open plan sleeping and living area complete with wood fire, a separate bathroom providing both Villeroy & Boch massage shower, open air bath (if desired) hand wash basins and flushing toilet. Comfortable seating is provided both in the living area and on the terrace so that the true tranquility of the lodge can be best appreciated. The distance between each suite has been maximised to reduce any risk of disturbance that may be caused by other guests. There is one honeymoon suite isolated from the main lodge, has a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and has stunning views of the Mara river. Lovely touches as flowers on the bed, fire in the suites, bubble bath with essential oil prepared by your personal butler, hot-water bottle set Ngerende Island Lodge apart from the rest providing a memorable experience. The lodge has been designed to complement the safari experience so as to give comfort, luxury and service naturally. There is an abundance of wildlife both on the Conservation Ranch and of course within the Masai Mara Game Reserve to include Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Hippos and many others. A feature of the Conservation Ranch is an exclusive project to rear the White Rhino so that they can take their place back in the Mara society to which they belong in greater numbers. Over 180 varieties of birds have been spotted within the lodge itself and there are 3 Hippo Pods strategically located around the lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Ngerende Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngerende Island Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngerende Island Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve