thank you Mara Plains for giving us the best safari out of a six-week, four country tour.
the tents are perfect. the dinners were awesome and the food on the drives were absolutely great. it was nice that we got to stay out all day instead of having to come back to EAT. POOEY!
the crossing with the zebras and the spotting of the leopard just jumping out in front of us all by ourselves will always be treasured!
it was truly our favorite of all our safaris while in africa. thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a small, high quality, seven tented camp under canvas, located within the private Olare Motorogi Conservancy and just a few hundred meters to the north of the Maasai Mara National Reserve boundary. Guests can game drive in both the Maasai Mara National Reserve and the private Conservancy away from the crowds. It is a fabulous wildlife reserve of 30 000 acres, rich in wildlife (with all the predators and big cats in particular), with the lowest vehicle density in the Mara, no mini-buses and only one guest room per 700 acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Mara Plains Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Plains Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Plains Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve