Mara Plains Camp is classy and luxurious without being "over the top". Beautiful setting on a new Conservancy, fantastic guides, wonderful food (including creative bush breakfasts), gorgeous tents with great amenities, even the safari trucks are fully supplied. They HAVE thought of everything, something I cannot say about any other camp after 30 years of travel to East Africa!
Put that together with some of Africa's best game viewing and it is deserving of the 5* ratings!
The managers, Richard and Lorna, were a delight, and went above and beyond for our group!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a small, high quality, seven tented camp under canvas, located within the private Olare Motorogi Conservancy and just a few hundred meters to the north of the Maasai Mara National Reserve boundary. Guests can game drive in both the Maasai Mara National Reserve and the private Conservancy away from the crowds. It is a fabulous wildlife reserve of 30 000 acres, rich in wildlife (with all the predators and big cats in particular), with the lowest vehicle density in the Mara, no mini-buses and only one guest room per 700 acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Great Plains Conservation Mara Plains Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Plains Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Great Plains Conservation Mara Plains Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve