I booked a safari and stay all via enchoro wildlife camp, and it turned out to be the worst choice that I had made throughout my 9 week stay in Kenya. The safari company they connected us with (right choice safaris) was awful. We were promised a full day and a half of safaris, which should have added up to over 8 hours of park time. Unfortunately, this company was the worst and instead of 8 hours, we ended up with a little over 90 minutes in the park. We booked through this company because they promised that in our short time (two days and one night) we'd actually be able to see the wildebeest migration. We were picked up in our hotel in Nairobi at 6:30 am, however, we didn't actually leave Nairobi until a little after 11am. Our driver decided that going 5 kph was a good idea, so we didn't actually arrive at the hotel until 5pm. Our driver gave made us wait 30-40 minutes while we were "checking in" etc (while he drank tea and complained) until he drove us to the park. By the time we got to the park it was almost 6, and the park closes at 6:30 pm. It was the worst.
Besides that, the actual hotel itself was ok. The food was horrible. White bread, and some cooked veggies.
My experience was beyond terrible with this camp and the tour company they booked us with. I know that others were complaining that there weren't enough electrical outlets for everyone to use, and it seemed that no one else enjoyed the food.
So, if you're looking for a nice place to relax while you visit the mara, stay as far away from this camp as you can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best budget accommodation value for your stay in a tent at the Masai Mara under Canvas in the African Sky. Enchoro Wildlife Camp in Masai Mara gives you the real comforts of camping experience just like a home. It has 25 large permanent tented camps that are well furnished with facilities like writing table, foldable safari chairs, lockers, magazines all ensuite with flash toilets and running hot and cold water all day. Rooms are single, double / twin, triple and a four beds tent that offer camping with a bit more comfort. They are ideal for those who enjoy the camping experience but don't have the time or energy to set up and pull down a traditional tent. Enchoro Wildlife Camp accommodation is offered in a semi luxury large spacious tent, all en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, flash toilet, changing room and lockers for valuables. A writing desk with foldable safari chairs and magazines to keep you entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Enchoro Wildlife Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve