Hopefully this review is out of date. This tented camp had been acquired by Sentrim about 18 months before my stay. It seemed to have been purchased before it was completed. Some of the facilities needed renovation, other areas had never been finished. I was the only guest at the time. This meant the service was a bit over the top. Someone standing watching me eat each meal got a bit wearing.
The coffee and tea consisted of thermos bottles on a table.
The food was rather plain Western fare, bland, unremarkable, poorly presented. Freshness seemed to be questionable. The fruit salad dessert (ubiquitous) was poor, the worst I had in Kenya which does a great fruit salad even in the poorest accommodations.
The first morning I thought the hot water service could have been turned up a bit warmer. I then discovered it was broken, and this was in fact a cold shower. Well I'd just had two weeks of that for 100KSh a night. I was offered another tent, which was a pain for a short stay, so I simply showered in a different tent and returned to my own.
None of the electrical sockets in my tent worked, so charging my camera and cellphone batteries consisted of a nightly visit to the hotel lobby to use a point behind the reception desk.
The night lighting was poor in the guest lounge. So dim I could barely read. I searched fruitlessly for the switches for the main lighting. The staff also searched fruitlessly.
I didn't think I was getting my 4000KSh per night value.
Sentrim Hotels management in Nairobi couldn't have cared less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sentrim Mara Camp is located in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, 3 km from Sekenani gate. The entire camp is spread out over 100 acres of tranquil surroundings. The main guest area consists of the Reception, Lounge, Restaurant, Bar, Fire Place, Pool Bar, beauty spa and Swimming Pool. The lodge has a total of 64 en-suite standard, superior tents as well as family houses (Concrete). All rooms are equipped with Private hot shower, In-room safe deposit box, solar power and coffee making facilities. Recreation activities e.G. Guided nature walks, game drives, balloon safaris, Maasai culture talk, Manyatta village visits & Maasai dancers; can be organized upon request at a fee. Other services offered at the camp include; sundowner cocktails, bush breakfast / bush lunch and dinner within the lodge, massage services and can be organized upon request at a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Jovago.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sentrim Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentrim Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sentrim Mara Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve