All reviewsauthentic feelmain gateshort drivecomfortable tentsmarasafariguidelodgewildlifeafrica
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We were welcomed by Francis and other staff from the hotel with fresh cold towels and some fresh fruit juice. This was appreciated after the long and bumpy ride. Our stay was really great, we got s small bungalow and the staff followed us there when it was dark and waited for us at all times. Francis was in charge of the food and it was soooooo delicious! I'm a vegetarian and he adjusted all the food for me so it was suitable. I'm very happy we stayed here and I'm very happy that I met Francis! I wish all the staff the best of luck and I hope I'll see them again. Much love from Sweden

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We went as a family of 9- one fragile senior adult. The drive to Oltome is body thumping but when we reached we were welcomed by friendly maasai warriors. I was excited from the first time I set foot at this Lodge. Their motive is to give you an authentic bush experience and they don't fail at it. When in the bush you have to embrace it. There were challenges like elephant breaking a water pipe, lack of electricity at times but all this adds to the charm of this place. There were initial disappointments with few people's tents but these were quickly rectified. Jazeera and her maasai staff were always on point with our needs and demands. We had 24hr security, hot water, food, and entertainment (maasai dance around the evening bonfire). We left Oltome with lasting memories.
Our only suggestion to Jazeera is to add an emergency button in the tents(we have expressed this to jazeera ;))
God bless all the hardworking staff.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2016

The first time I stepped there the warmth that I got was amazing .Food was ready for us since we did arrive late. The rooms were amazing . The comfort of bed to the decoration on the bed with flowers on the bed was nice. I love the fact the Masai warrior were there're to protect and guide to keep away the animals just incase any issue would arise with them .Food was nice. The fire place amazing and yes I loved the friendly dog.
one thing though, The sign post to direct where the place is should be improved .Maybe it is cause I was there last year august 2015

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Oltome M, Manager at Oltome Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time to write us a review.

we are happy that we were able to create a lovely experience for you.

we hope to host you again soon at the camp.

we have also undertaken to fixing our sign post.

Oltome Team

Reviewed 5 April 2016

This review is really late but better kar then never.
My husband and I travelled to Kenya and stayed at the Oltome Mara Magic
Truly a magical place. Don't let the drive to this camp deter your trip it is so
Well worth the bumpy the very bumpy roads. Once there you will fine the
Peace and quiet in the private tented rooms. These rooms are so far apart
From the other rooms gives lots of privacy. All this amidst the lush greenery
And only 15 min drive from Masai Mara entrance.
The service with out a doubt was great. Very personalized and super kitchen staff
Fed us scrumptious meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. Even the boxed lunch
Was great and was more then we could eat.
Entering this camp you will see lots of Masai and their villages their cattle and goats.
Giving you a true feeling of being in Africa. Just before you enter the camp you will
See a huge family of Baboons. Lots to take on even before you get to the camp
And do the actual Safari. We look forward to going back again and would not hesitate
To return to Oltome Mara Magic. Magical alright

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to write us a review.

we are happy that we were able to give you a positive experience at out camp.

we look forward to hosting you again at the camp soon.

Oltome Team

Reviewed 29 February 2016

Very late with writing this review but better late than ever. ill walk you through it...... Very bumpy road on the way (normal in Kenya) but just to make people aware, we got our tyre fixed in a village very near the hotel and got ripped off. It costs about 100-300 Shillings to fix a hole in a tyre. we ended up paying 25000. They tried charging 70000 when they saw us so just be aware.

upon arrival, it was a relief. We were greeted with towels and drinks and were advised we had the whole place to ourselves. Bags were brought to our room and the room was really lovely. hard to explain but like a tent with a proper bathroom. we also had a decking area outside our room where we could have a glass of wine and that.

The hotel manager was the best. So attentive as were all the staff and muti talented at that as well! Every bit of food i had was brilliant. I am a fussy eater but everything was homemade and delicious. Forst night there was a camp fire set up for us with a couch some drinks, blanket and a fire. A tribe member came to talk to us about his tribe. Loved it. Then we went to the park that day and the manager organised a guide for us who really was the loveliest of the lovely and we had a packed lunch made for us. Later the next day after the safari, we had dinner and then there was a tribe dance for us which was really fun. Make sure you get the most out of it and get as involved as possible! The last day after breakfast and that there was a walk organised around the Masai village and a little hike. My partner went on this and said it was great fun. If i had to criticize anything it would be that they were slightly too attentive, there were some stages that we wanted a little privacy but all the staff just wanted to talk to us which is probably a good complaint. There is a tv but to be honest the staff were watching it and we didn't really want to impose so we didn't really feel as though the tv was for guests....

All in all we had a great stay stay, I would definitely go back. Everyone was so nice, food was brilliant and room was nice. Would definitely recommend as well. On your way there, you might feel as though you are going off the beaten track (thats normal). Thanks again for such an amazing visit. I loved the monkeys too!

Room Tip: Wifi was on the reception area only. Great venue if you had a big group
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you for your review. we appreciate and acknowledge all the positive and will definitely work on the problems highlighted.

we hope to see you soon back at Oltome.

Oltome team