“Amazing safari, service needs improvement”

East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for an affordable but quality and safe SAFARI, but you do not want to do all the arranging on your own? Calm down and relax, let our friendly staff do your itinerary to your custom needs. Let our well experienced tour guides and professional safari car drivers take you on an unforgettable experience for a true taste of wilderness. We cater from backpacking to a high end luxury Safari experience. Day trips in Nairobi or Mombasa with the best staff and well seasoned tour guides in Kenya's Urban Communities. We will make sure you get an unforgettable experience in East Africa. The team at East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris, a taste of wilderness.
Pune, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing safari, service needs improvement”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband & I went for Kenya safari in Mid july organized by EAATS. Fred was quick in responding to emails and the payment process was also swift.
It was wonderful 7 days with few glitches. Our pick up at the airport was on time, but after that there was some time taken for petrol refill at the gas station, around 20 mins. We thought this could have been done before we started our trip, but that is alright.
Our guide/driver was Pattrick. We started our journey to Masai Mara directly from the airport. On the way, I asked for water and it was not there. There were no shops around, so that I could just buy it. We had to wait for it till we stopped for lunch. I think this can be avoided in future and they should be ready before the trip.
Keeping all this aside, Pattrick was very jovial and we had some lovely conversations with him. He was very knowledgeable about game reserves and animals. We traveled in safari van, never ever we felt uncomfortable, he drove really well, even on bad roads.
Masai mara was beautiful, Pattrick ensured that we see the great wildebeest migration and as they say, it was wonderful. We saw Big 3 in Masai Mara. We wanted to see leopard, but he told us that he will break the itinerary in two days, 1st day, migration, elephants, lion, cheetah and other herbivores etc and 2nd day rhino and leopard. We know how hard it is to spot a rhino and leopard, but then we thought we lost one day without even trying to spot a leopard. And on the 2nd day also, we could not spot it, so we were disappointed. But Masai mara is such a beautiful jungle, that on every day, it was exceptional.
Then We visited Lake nakuru. We stayed in Tumaini cottage, which 20 KMs from the national park. We had asked Fred in the emails, which one is better Tumaini/Flamingo hill. He said flamingo will cost more, ensured us that Tumaini is very nice. Also we asked him, can we get pre-morning GD before we start for other destination, he said yes. But when we reached nakuru, we did an evening GD and then went out of the national park. When we asked about the next day morning GD, Pattrick informed us that the entry fee covers only one entry. We could have done morning GD, if we stayed inside the national park (i.e. flamingo). We were angry, as we had specifically asked about flamingo resort and early morning GD. Had Fred informed us this before, that if we stay in flamingo, we get two GDs, else we get one, it would have been much professional. Plainly saying yes, just to get the customers, is not good.
Though it was not a big deal, but considering that we are in Kenya just for safaris and we have spent alot on this holiday, these things did matter to us.
Then we went to amboseli, it was very nice. We stayed in Kibo lodge and got their best tent, where we can directly see Kili.
The game drives in amboseli were good, we spotted cheetahs, hynes, lions along with lots of elephants.

Overall, it was a very nice trip, nicely arranged. Pattrick was excellent as a driver and also as a guide. EAATS definately needs some improvement, but overall excellent trip.

3 Thank Priya_Traveller

Sydney
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Safari Company. Highly Recommended.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I did the 12-day Kenya & Tanzania tour with East Africa Adventure Tours & Safari based on the glowing reviews on this site. And I must say it was the best decision. As this was my first time traveling to Africa, there were lots of concerns and worries. But with help from Fred and his drivers, the trip was absolutely wonderful. Fred always responded to my queries within 24 hours and very patiently answered all my questions. He also followed up with us during the trip to make sure everything was fine. The driver in Kenya Patrick was very professional and knowledgeable about the animals. All the great feedback about him was 100% true. He tried his best to make sure I saw all "Big Five" as well as countless zebras, wilderbeasts, gazelles. Not to mention those heart-meltingly cute lion cubs and baby elephants. He also had an assistant Julius traveling with us and he was also very nice and helpful. Despite traveling by myself, I always felt safe even when traveling on those bumpy, muddy roads thanks to Patrick's good driving skills. All the hotels were clean and comfortable with a great selection of food. I would highly recommend this company to my family and friends if they wish to travel to Kenya, a beautiful country I'd love to return one day.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Musecjf84
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“An excellent Safari experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and parents opted for the '5 star' 4 day safari experience offered by EEAT. It was a private tour (as per my request) with only the 4 of us occupying a good sized, all conquering Toyota land cruiser.

In the run up to the trip, Fred was very good with correspondence and very prompt in responding to my questions and requests.

Our driver Joseph, picked us up from the Sarova Stanley hotel early Saturday morning and after a slightly frustrating wait for USD->KES conversion, we were on our merry way...

It was evident from the off that Joseph was going to be a real character and great company - we quickly formed a strong bond with both him and Quaysito (probably misspelt), Joseph's assistant/trainee.

We aborted our Masai village visit (the first itinerary item upon entry to the park), owing to a rather awkward discussion around fees that ensued after our initial dismissal at their attempts to charge 40USD per person! As soon as we got underway with the actual safari, Joseph was quick to showcase as much as he could in the time available. We were able to see much of the big game within a few hours - a real testament to Joseph's perseverance, enthusiasm and skill.

The hotel (Ashnil Mara) was very good, but not actually 5 star (which you would imagine the 5* tour to offer), but this wasn't a big deal because it was so decent. I was a little annoyed by the failure to organize the private wedding anniversary meal I'd requested (resulting in having this a day late) - not sure who's screw up this was, but we didn't kick up a fuss.

Day 2 was equally as memorable, but thankfully varied. We were able to see vast numbers of Wildebeests charging around the plains, culminating in the spectacular sight of a Wildebeest crossing and a few animals we hadn't seen on the first day.

On Day 3 we headed to Lake Nakuru which was a lovely picturesque location and we stayed at the Lion Hill Sarova - pretty good hotel, but again 4*!

Fortunately I was able to get some stunning photographs of animals, landscapes and sunsets throughout the trip. Joseph took a keen interest in ensuring I captured those iconic shots any budding photographer strives for.

On our final day we headed back to Nairobi and despite a fairly hairy drive along some hill side winding roads on the outskirts of Nairobi, where you endure HGV's recklessly overtaking (obviously not something EAAT can do anything about), we finished our trip in the infamous Carnivore (a fairly average eatery for the record).

Joseph and Quaysito made a big effort to ensure our well being throughout the trip, evidenced by his constant checks that we were having fun, getting the photos we needed and towards the end of trip, face to face confrontation with a moronic HGV driver who nearly crashed in to us. He is clearly very passionate about his work and I'm pleased that we had him as our driver for the 4 day excursion.

Overall I would absolutely recommended this tour company - they delivered an excellent service and based on my research, at a very competitive price!

2 Thank thomas d
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome safari experience.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My girlfriend and I just finished a six day safari tour with East Africa Adventure Tours and Safaris, and we cannot say enough good things about them. I will admit that at first, I was skeptical of wiring half of our balance to a bank account in Kenya, and then bringing the remainder in cash, but we read the good reviews that others had of the company and decided to give it a shot. We were glad we did.

The pickup was on time at our hotel, and the balance transfer was made without any issues. The van was well maintained, clean and comfortable. (which was good, because we spent a lot of hours in it on the dirt roads of Southwestern Kenya and the game trails)

The real highlight of our trip was our driver Leonard. To say that Leonard was an excellent safari guide would be an understatement. He was genuinely concerned with giving us the greatest safari experience He is an expert driver, whether he was maneuvering the van through Nairobi traffic or manipulating it through the off road conditions of the Masai Mara reserve, he did it with masterful precision. He was knowledgable about so many aspects of Kenyan life and culture and answered every question we had from topics ranging from the political atmosphere of Kenya to the culture of the Masai people, to how to not get ripped off on batiks and carvings. He really came through though when it came to seeking out and finding wildlife. To quote my gf "our four eyes equal one of Leonard's." The good relationships he has with the other guides and his years of experiences in the Masai Mara really resulted in so much wildlife seen on our game drives. If I am lucky enough to go to Kenya on safari again, it will definitely be with Leonard as a guide.

The accomodations and meals that were provided by EAATS were great, and I would never hesitate to recommend this company to anyone going on safari

1 Thank CJankowski84
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding Safari Experience!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Outstanding Safari Experience!

First of all, I would like to agree with all of the glowing reviews for East Africa Adventure Tours (EAAT). We chose a travel itinerary for our family group of 6 that covered both Kenya and Tanzania. Although it was quite hectic, it was overall a tremendously satisfying trip, largely in thanks to EAAT and our driver/guides Joseph in Kenya (with Kizito), and Saba in Tanzania, both of whom I highly recommend for anyone’s safari. They were very professional, skilled, organized, knowledgeable, and most of all thoughtful and caring. This last part was especially important for us, because 3 of our travelers were our elderly parents in their 60s and 70s. We would never have had such a great time without them.
Before arrival, I mainly interacted with Fred over email, who did a very nice job. He was quite responsive, since I almost always got a detailed answer within 24 hours. He was flexible with the itinerary and was able to adjust to meet all my requests.
In Kenya, for Maasai Mara and Amboseli, the driver was Joseph and he was assisted by Kizito who was in training. Starting with Maasai Mara, Joseph did a wonderful job navigating the challenging roads in the reserve. He was always talking to other guides in other parts of the park to find locate the wildlife, and he was able to flush out difficult to find animals for our viewing. The highlight was a close-up view of a pride of 9 – 10 lions, which was an amazing experience for all of us.
One small nitpick I have with the Kenya segment was that we were provided a van in Kenya, which had some uncomfortable moments due to the bumpy roads and off-road traverses (through no fault of the driver). In Tanzania we had a Landcruiser which worked out much better, and wish we could have had in Kenya as well.

Our driver in Tanzania was Saba, who was equally as superb a guide as Joseph. He did a superb job in navigating us through Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Serengeti, and getting us to see all the wildlife possible. He was also very considerate and accommodating of our special needs.
Final thoughts and recommendations
1. I highly recommend East Africa Adventure Travel for your safari needs, as well as our guides Joseph and Saba.
2. Request a Land cruiser in Kenya instead of a Van if at all available. If it costs it bit more it is definitely worth it.

Visited June 2014