This was my first trip to Africa and my first stop on a 12 day safari. My stay at the Naboisho Camp was for three days. I ended up staying at three Asilia Tented Camps and wished I would have been at Naboisho longer. In my opinion was the cream of the crop. Primarily due to Helen and Roelof, a couple from South Africa who manage this camp. They are running a first rate ship. The tents are absolutely gorgeous and luxurious with outside and inside showers, and a running toilet inside the tent. This is certainly not roughing it, though, you are in the bush, and definitely hear lions roaring at night and animals browsing and grazing by your tent at night. The food is first rate and I encountered that at all the Asilia camps.
They provided both morning and afternoon game drives as well as a night drive. But the highlight for me was a walking safari with Roelof. After staying at 4 different camps with different game drive guides, it was very clear, the most important part of a safari is your guide. A good guide is friendly, good communicator, is educated on all the animals you will come accross and can spot animals that you pass right by. Well I can state with complete confidence that Benjamin and Daniel Massai guides are the best I had and absolutely made the trip wonderful.
Another highlight is Daniel took us to a Massai village to meet the massai, learn about their lifestyles and see where they live. It was amazing!
Lastly, what I loved about Naboisho Camp is where it is situated which is in Naboisho Conservancy outside the Massai Mara. It provides a wealth of animals yet not as crowded with tourist and vehicles as the Mara.
I would highly recommend you adding this camp as part of your safari.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the 210 km² private Mara Naboisho Conservancy, Naboisho Camp offers spectacular game viewing, from the herds of antelope that dot the plains of this wilderness corridor throughout the year to the high concentrations of predators, including lion and cheetah. But the real magic of Naboisho is its sheer exclusivity - you'll experience a level of safari solitude and serenity simply unheard of in the busy Serengeti and Maasai Mara reserves. With just nine spacious tented suites, Naboisho is an intimate and elegant safari camp that balances your wilderness experience with discreet creature comforts. Even better, it is one of just two Asilia camps where you have the option of fly camping. If you have a truly adventurous spirit, don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in the magic of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve