What can one say after an experience like this? Naboisho camp was simply amazing. From the moment we arrived we felt at home, with Helen and Roelof as welcoming hosts making sure everything was just right. The tents are the most comfortable I have stayed in in East Africa, a perfect mix between luxury (those outside showers are awesome!) and remote bush-feel. Then there's the food. How on earth they cook up those sophisticated creations in the middle of nowhere is a mystery to me, but what a treat it was.
That said, the thing that made it truly outstanding for me was the wildlife and wilderness. Outside the sometimes hectic Masai Mara, Naboisho feels like an undiscovered patch of African savannah. The game drives with Dixon were a highlight in itself, the amount of game and cats is astonishing, but only a prelude for what was the highlight of my wildlife spotting: walking with Roelof. His intimate knowledge of the ecosystem is inspiring and the feeling you get up close and personal to a herd of buffalo or elephants beats any driving I have ever done. Another highlight was our visit to the Masai homestead with Dixon, which was an intimate and authentic experience, showing us the reality of daily life in a demanding environment.
All in all, highly recommended. I wish I could go back tomorrow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the 210 km² private Mara Naboisho Conservancy, Naboisho Camp offers spectacular game viewing, from the herds of antelope that dot the plains of this wilderness corridor throughout the year to the high concentrations of predators, including lion and cheetah. But the real magic of Naboisho is its sheer exclusivity - you'll experience a level of safari solitude and serenity simply unheard of in the busy Serengeti and Maasai Mara reserves. With just nine spacious tented suites, Naboisho is an intimate and elegant safari camp that balances your wilderness experience with discreet creature comforts. Even better, it is one of just two Asilia camps where you have the option of fly camping. If you have a truly adventurous spirit, don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in the magic of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve